Steering wheel angle sensor...Where is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Hi all,

I need a steering wheel angle sensor replacement...
Now where is it located behing the sterring wheel?
How can I access it?
What is the part number?
Anyone has one for sale?
S210 E300TD 1998 with electric tilting steering wheel.

Beers to all :rock:

Does not take long to replace, need to remove airbag (following relevant safety precautions) and steering wheel.

It's a black plastic ring around the base of the wheel, with an electrical connector. It also needs to be aligned correctly when fitted. Best to have STAR to hand and check for fault codes (also SRS) before and after.

Cost from dealer £300+, from eBay £75-£150 secondhand.

Thanks .
Any part numbers I should look for?

Also just to say, this morning I did a little visit to Terry O'Neil in Glasgow, once again top class service :)
Best MB mechanic in Scotland me think :)

Got it out.
Now the hunt for it begin...
Part number is:
Anyone has one?

There are lots on eBay... many as low as £20-£30. For this price, it must be worth a go...?

Cheers. Saw that. Waiting on one with 3 month guaranty...
Wil all the fault be cleared or this need to be on the star again to clear the SRS and the sensor fault?
Cheers :)

Cheers. Saw that. Waiting on one with 3 month guaranty...
Wil all the fault be cleared or this need to be on the star again to clear the SRS and the sensor fault?
Cheers :)

Most probably the faults will need clearing, though this can be done with any code reader that is MB-aware (e.g. Autel etc) and not just STAR. Said that I have seen SRS fault light go out by themselves after the while. So not sure....

Also you need to make sure that the steering wheel is at 0 degrees when aligning the sensor, not sure how accurate this is when done without STAR, but if it is not accurate then you will get an 'ESP/ABS disabled' fault.s

Cheers. Will see when I get it then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom