steering wheel colour 350sl R230

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gbrowncls55

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS500 4.7TT 2012,, SL350 09, 996 cab, all current. Gone :CLS 55 E500 W211, 2x M5s and too many 911s
Ihave a 2005 sl350 R230 in obsidian black with the beige (205A) interior. Can anyone tell me the colour of the leather steering wheel. The dash , tops of doors and the steering wheel are a darker colour on these cars when the 205a beige trim is specified. Perfrctly standard colour combo not designo. Just need the name of the steering wheel colour and ideally the colour number. Sorry if you have read this already. I posted it in bodywork by mistake

OK I have solved this. The steering wheel and upper trim colour on an R230 with the beige 205A seat upholstery which is actually cream and is I think also called Pebble is a mercedes colour called "Stone"
I purchased some steering wheel colouring dye in Mercedes "Stone" from a company called Colourlock whose product I had used before on a few worn bits of my CLS63 wheel in Kashmere Beige.
The "stone" match was absolutely perfect. Its very easy to use ; 1) clean the wheel with the special cleaner then 2) dab the colour on lightly with the sponge supplied doing coat after coat ,drying each one with a hair dryer (this both dries and removes any bubbles left by the sponge) before applying the next. My SL wheel was literally bald accross 80% of the top half (wifes rings over 7 years I think) so I was a bit sceptical it would cover the dark bare leather,
Anyway after about ten coats which took about 30 mins the result is a wheel that looks like new. My experience with the cls55 (63 wheel) is that after 3 years it has barely worn at all so pretty tough. The finish is that nice new matt leather look . looks and feels great. take a look and remember it was completely bald on the top half of the wheel. Unfortunately I didnt take a before which I now wish I had. Anyway problem solved and wheel refinished.

Attachments

• R230 1.jpg
    R230 1.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 11
  • R230 2.jpg
    R230 2.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 12
  • R230 3.jpg
    R230 3.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 12
Oh forgot to say that I masked the leather from the plastic airbag, boss and sterring wheel buttons so there was no "overdab"!!

Nice job there. I once re painted a full set of leather seats for my SD1 Rover Vitesse.
My car had velour and I wanted leather and the seats I purchased were in a bit of a state especially the front.
I power washed the seats using bleach then rinsed them off and dried them over a period of a few days. The paint I used was from Gliptone and the seats came up extremely good. I put three coats on the front and only one coat on the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom