Steering wheel offset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianw48

Car
MERCEDES B200 CDI SE 2006, C180 coupe 2007
Hi All. Had new front suspension springs fitted recently. Since then when driving in a straight line i noticed my steering wheel was not straight.
Could the new springs have caused this. 2007 cl180 Coupe.

I don't think the new springs themselves would cause this - however something else involved in the work of fitting them may have... I'd be minded to take it back to the place that did the work, point out that your wheel is no longer 'straight ahead aligned' and get them to check tracking etc.

To change the front springs the front struts will have been removed. This may have altered their castor angle --Castor is what causes the steering to self centre--- so the steering may have adopted a new " straight ahead "position.
You need a full steering/ suspension geometry check

To change the front springs the front struts will have been removed. This may have altered their castor angle --Castor is what causes the steering to self centre--- so the steering may have adopted a new " straight ahead "position.
You need a full steering/ suspension geometry check
Thank you.

Removing and refitting the struts won't in itself necessitate wheel alignment to be carried-out afterwards, but in this case as grober pointed-out it seems that a suspension component was distributed hence why wheel alignment will now be needed.

Removing and refitting the struts won't in itself necessitate wheel alignment to be carried-out afterwards, but in this case as grober pointed-out it seems that a suspension component was disturbed, hence why wheel alignment will now be needed.
FIFY :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom