Steering Wheel phone control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nic S

Car
W208 CLK230 Kompressor
I want to fit a parrot bluetooth unit into my CLK and use the phone pick-up function on the multi-function steering wheel. Anyone have a clue if this can be done. A circuit diagram for the merc phone system would be a start.

Any other clues.....

The steering wheel controls are connected per 3 wires to the instrument cluster...3 wires from steering wheel to instrument cluster for 8 buttons, illumination of these buttons and the horn...not a single chance you can tap in there.

greetingz,

There must be an interface for the Mercedes car kit though. I just need to access the phone pick up/put down mode. Any clues?

The MB interface is connected pre fiber optic...the steering wheel controls are connected to the instrument cluster which passes info to the headunit/comand which forwards to the phone interface...

greetingz,

The connector that plugs into the Audio 10 player, which in turn connects to the steering wheel controls, does that have a link to the phone system as it does with the COMAND?

The only thing that plugs into the radio that is related to the steering wheel controls is a "CANBUS lo" and "CANBUS hi" wire...and those come directly from the instrument cluster (208 and 210) (both on audio 10 and comand).

greetingz,

I've just taken delivery of an adaptor cable that allows steering wheel control of an Alpine fead unit. The adaptor fits between the connector and plug in the back of the instrument panel. That cable has about thirty pins, of which only two are being used by the Alpine unit.

Someone must be able to make a device to allow use of the telephone pick-up that can be interfaced here.
Surely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom