Steering Wheel Wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Stanton

My W211 steering wheel is starting to show signs of wear. It's an 04 plate and has 70k on the clock.

The grey leather is wearing away and the yellowish colour underneath (the original leather colour?) is now showing through. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm still covered by a service plus contract and I recall it covering wear and tear items so I may investigate this option. Just seems odd to be wearing so soon.

And no, I don't have rough hands!!

My W211 steering wheel is starting to show signs of wear. It's an 04 plate and has 70k on the clock.

The grey leather is wearing away and the yellowish colour underneath (the original leather colour?) is now showing through. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm still covered by a service plus contract and I recall it covering wear and tear items so I may investigate this option. Just seems odd to be wearing so soon.

And no, I don't have rough hands!!
a Light coloured leather tends to go a horrid yellow when someone with oily mitts drives the car... It the dye in the leather braking down. It's a bit of a pain to change a steering wheel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom