Steering wheel wobble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kineas

Car
2015 S212
I've noticed over the past week that on my 2015 E class estate, my steering wheel has a wobble to it which varies on different roads, and it could easily be passed off as being caused by the road surface but is there even on roads I know are completely smooth.

Some other issues that I noticed recently is that my car seems unstable when going round corners at speed, and that my front tyres are worn a lot more on the inside than the middle and outside. I didn't really click that these were linked until googling the steering wheel issue which turned up a similar issue from this forum:

Steering wheel vibration/shimmy - solved!

Anyway, called up the garage (Evans Halshaw, who I bought the car from and have a service plan with) as they serviced my car last week and did a health check where they reported the wear on my tyres, the alignment reported fine and that the suspension was fine as well as other areas. Told them about the potential suspension bush issue, but according to them, wear on the inside of the tyres are normal on a Mercedes. When I pressed them more they tracked down the technician that saw my car and he confirmed it was ok, but I'm guessing he didn't drive it around and didn't fully test it. As I wasn't happy with this answer, they've told me to contact Mercedes and ask them!

So anway, is there a way I can tell if this is definitely the issue so I can go back to them rather than wasting time them looking at it and saying it's normal again?

All sorted :) Just wanted to update my post in case anyone else had the same issue and came to this forum seeking help like I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom