Stepper Motor Clicking - Quick Fix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

withey

Hi,

As common with a lot of W203's I am getting a clicking noise coming from the dash, assumed to be the Stepper Motor. The strange thing is though if I apply gentle pressure to the brake pedal the clicking stops.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easyish fix that I could apply?

I read on another thread about taking the Radio out to disable/disconnect the fan that was clicking but not sure if this would fix this particular problem or not?

I don't really want to pay out to get the whole dash dismantled, if need be I'll just turn the radio up!

Pressing the cabin filter button on the heater controls stopped it on my old C32. I think it was the filter button, the one with black and white arrows.

Mine does this it clicks 95 times then stops!
Apparently its the flaps on the heating system and mine are seized , its going into my local indy who say that 9 times out of 10 they can release them . But Mercedes charge £1200 for a complete heater system.

£400 is a lot more than I would be looking to pay! I'm hoping that I can access it from behind the radio but won't know which one it is until I start taking the car apart!

If You have to lay on your back in the footwell and work upwards, I Think my osteopath bill would be more than £400, whereabouts are you?

Last edited:
Guys,

I had the drivers footwell motor changed on Friday in my W209 CLK55 - cost me £150 at a local indy.
Got heat round my feet again and no annoying clicking :D

Trying to work out which Stepper Motor on mine needs replacing - can anyone help?

The clicking stops when I tap the the brake pedal and the noise is significantly louder from the drivers side than compared to the passenger side...reluctant to take the dash apart if I don't need to...

A bit of a long shot, but have you tried reseting the climate system, just in case?

A bit of a long shot, but have you tried reseting the climate system, just in case?

Afraid so...several times in fact in the hope that one day it will work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom