Stereo installation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The part only replaces the door pocket. It's just to mount 2 6" drivers into for a bit more bass.

I wont be cutting up any parts of the standard car, i'd like to return it back to standard with some minimal effort.

If it was the whole doorcard though it would be perfect, i'd gladly pay for that.

Dave!

The part only replaces the door pocket. It's just to mount 2 6" drivers into for a bit more bass.

I wont be cutting up any parts of the standard car, i'd like to return it back to standard with some minimal effort.

If it was the whole doorcard though it would be perfect, i'd gladly pay for that.

Dave!

you'll have to break the plastic welding on the rear of the card to get the existing pocket off though.

I admit i'll probably shed a tear when that happens :p

Dave!

I admit i'll probably shed a tear when that happens :p

Dave!

do you have any ideas/plans on how to reconnect the new pocket? i looked on the EPC but cant see the plastic weld bits to fit pockets back on....

i'm asking as i have a set of leather cards to go on mine but the pockets require re-welding on or many swapping bits of my existing cards around.

I've not got any ideas yet, I was going to ask a trimmer what they would do and go from there.

Dave!

I`ve built similar for installs, what we do is screw the new panel through the doorcard and into the door, then fit speakers and trim after hiding the screws.

Bob

It has been a while since I had a 124 door card out , but don't the pockets go through on plastic hooks ? I seem to remember on mine the two parts unhooked to separate - that was on a 1989 300TE and a 1990 300TE-24 ... , both with leather trim .

With my saloons , I've gotten quite handy at cutting MDF to replace parcel-shelf covers and trimming in material to match the car , speakers can either be mounted on top or recessed in for invisible installation , the hole for the 1st aid kit allows the boot to be used as an enclosure for a sub - the original parcel shelf can be kept for re-installation should the car ever be sold on .

Last edited:
I'll have to double check mine but i'm sure they are plastic welded in.

Trimming after fitting makes sense, the new ones simply screw in and you can't see them anyway, but getting it back to spec that would work great.

Dave!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom