Stereo Nicked!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Just went into my showroom to notice that the stereo out my SL has been swiped!

No damage at all...

Checked on CCTV.. they calmly walked in, spent about 20 mins in there and went around all the other cars..
The SL has a standard single DIN stereo, easy to remove so they took that... others are all in built so they took a look and left all the others...

the funny thing is they filled up with petrol first so I have all the car details and then the guy walked into the shop to pay... no top, VERY distinctive back tattoo.

Just rang the old bill, they say its a local car.. so lets see what happens.

Not too bothered about the CD player, worth less than £50 but got to teach these thieves a lesson.

I cant believe how thick they must be to do it all on about 30 different cameras!

Bummer, Jay!

Of course, bear in mind they've had a good look around now, so they might plan on coming back...

PJ

Some people are so thick it defies belief! At least they should be easy to catch :D

Scum!! Hope they get caught and done.

Hi Jay,
Don't let anyone talk you out of making a complaint, don't listen to any excuses, these are thieves and should feel the full force of the law. If you also have a shop on your premises then make sure you make it clear that you want these offenders formally told they are banned from all your premises.

That way if they do try to be clever and return to commit any other crimes against you or your property then they will be classified as trespassers which will hopefully make any further offences more serious? (question as opposed to statement)

Regards
John

thanks John... of course its been reported and CCTV ready for police to collect but never thought about banning them/trespassing... thats a good thought..

They looked at the comand in a CLK500 but obviously they would never have got that out without tools..

That way if they do try to be clever and return to commit any other crimes against you or your property then they will be classified as trespassers which will hopefully make any further offences more serious? (question as opposed to statement)
Regards
John

I would sincerely hope this gets cleared up quickly. Tattoos are brilliant corroborative ID evidence when combined with general description.

Technically, when you ban someone from the store, they are, from that point, trespassers in the store. However, I haven't heard yet of someone being charged with Burglary when they have returned to the same store to steal again- Which the technical definition would tend to suggest ("...enter as a trespasser with intent to steal")

Basically it's down to charging standards- IMHO this would rather dilute the offence of Burglary as a distinct act too.

not just his tattoo.,.. the cctv from the shop could be used in his passport photo... i have full faith in our local police and im sure they will find him asap..

Last edited:
A person is guilty of burglary if they:

enter any building or part of a building as a trespasser with the intention to steal, inflict grievous bodily harm, rape or cause unlawful damage, or having entered any building or part of a building as a trespasser they steal, inflict or attempt to inflict grievous bodily harm.

If they were on the premises lawfully, it's simply theft.

Basically it's down to charging standards- IMHO this would rather dilute the offence of Burglary as a distinct act too.
That is exactly what is wrong with the system. it is too sympathetic to-wards the offender. A trespasser that goes on to commit theft then surely commits the act of burglary? Why ooh why do we worry about 'standards' :mad: :mad: :mad: Mean what we say, say what we mean. The law should be the law?

How often do victims of crime receive monetary compensation? Is there guidelines for this?

Jay
Thoroughly check the interior for damage and if there are any scratches around where the hi-fi 'was' then make sure you put that in your statement with an estimate of how much it would cost to put right. Did they disconnect the wires or cut them?

As you can guess, I have NO sympathy for criminals and the law should be seen to be just. 22mph gets you booked in a 20 zone. Burglary is the offence if someone trespasses and this is NOT a go at Carrotchomper. He is the messenger, but things will not change unless the 'messenger' draws a line in the sand and applies the correct offence to the relevant crimes :mad: :mad: :mad:

Couldn't we just give them a can of Fosters and a single flight ticket to 'Bruce' Land??

no, I will have another look later but they calmly pulled it out and disconnected the plugs... they werent in a rush..

they probably saw me leave as i went out for 5 minutes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom