Stereo power whilst removing ISO plugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cplnoonoo

Car
Merc C180K Sportcoupe SE
I have installed a kenwood double din unit (DDX-8024BT) in my c180 coupe and didnt have the right connections sent to me for the interface connections for the steering wheel buttons so just hooked up the stereo without the interface so i could still use the actual unit without the wheel buttons until i got the right leads sent to me.

I wasnt thinking when i set up all the options on the stereo that i would lose them all when i disconnected the leads so i have already set everything up in the menus to my exact preferences lol.

To add the interface into the car i need to disconnect all the leads from the back of the stereo and plug them into the interface harness then plug the other end of the interface harness into the stereo so i will lose power temporarily to the stereo and lose all my preferences that i have set.

So my question eventually is - Is there anyway i can maybe keep some source of power possibly through a 12v portable battery or another car battery or something connected to the stereo whilst i remove and reconnect the leads or would the stereo still retain the settings for a brief period of time..enough to get the interface plugged in and power supplied back to the stereo?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Personally i would ensure another power source was connected first just in case.

how could i manage that. is it ok 2 attach another power source whilst the other 1 is plugged in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom