Stereo repair shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horatio

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK, 190E
Does anyone know of a good shop who can repair stereos?

I have a pioneer app radio with a frozen screen. I'm very reluctant to completely replace it as all the connections/wiring etc have been professionally fitted to suit the unit. I don't want to rip half the dash out to change it all!

I called cat in Essex but it seems they have closed.

Thanks

horatio i am in need of a radio repair . For a Nissan 350z radio cd .So i to would be interested in the same repair service as you are . Nothing as yet local to me .

I'm very reluctant to completely replace it as all the connections/wiring etc have been professionally fitted to suit the unit. I don't want to rip half the dash out to change it all!

If it's been done professionally then the connections should be ISO standard, and any unit can use them - just unplug and replug.

Unfortunately car audio repair shops are a dying breed - as the technology has become cheaper they have effectively been deemed disposable. For a Pioneer repair try DTronix in Milton Keynes or AEL in Tipton - they're the only 2 Approved Centres still listed for car audio.

Maple audio in Bath handle most of the reapirs for the car audio shop in the South East.

Thanks all. I called Dtronix and they were really helpful - I'm going to send it there. They estimated £70something inc vat for the repair plus the part cost but will contact before starting. A new app radio is over £300 so should be worthwhile.

There's a gps antenna/steering wheel adapter thingy/Bluetooth/phone/usb cables - it's like a telephone exchange in there and I really cannot be a*sed changing it all!

Last edited:
For the record, Dtronix said they can't get hold of the touch screen so in the bin it goes. Poor show by Pioneer.

Fitted a non touch screen dab kenwood instead. It actually works amazingly well with just a stick on aerial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom