Stereo replacement for Vito 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bally12345

Car
Mercedes Benz Vito 2016 (Taxi)
I want to upgrade the stereo for my dad's vito. Something like with android auto would be great but the low positioning means it might not be worth doing so.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Found one on aliexpress which looks like it will be a straight swap and can ADAS cam and reverse camera but it's designed for left hand drive vehicles

£169.92 27%OFF | Junsun Car Radio Multimedia Player For Mercedes Benz B200 A B Class W169 W245 Viano Vito W639 Sprinter W906 Auto GPS autoradio

Attachments

• 20210904_132617.jpg
    20210904_132617.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7

I want to upgrade the stereo for my dad's vito. Something like with android auto would be great but the low positioning means it might not be worth doing so.

Found one on aliexpress which looks like it will be a straight swap and can ADAS cam and reverse camera but it's designed for left hand drive vehicles

£169.92 27%OFF | Junsun Car Radio Multimedia Player For Mercedes Benz B200 A B Class W169 W245 Viano Vito W639 Sprinter W906 Auto GPS autoradio
Just wondering if you ever bought a replacement head unit. I have a 2013 viano so looks like the one you originally were looking at would fit, been thinking of replacing mine for a new one so I can bluetooth my phone/Spotify as the original disappointingly doesn't do it.

Ask yourself what the quality of something like that represents. After taxes, profits for seller, distributor and manufacturer you are possibly getting about £25 worth of parts.

If you want something decent then look at Pioneer or Alpine. Something like the Alpine ILX 702 D is a supurb unit that will give you Bluetooth, USB, DAB+ and Apple CarPlay / Android Auto

Happy to quote you if you want to drop an email to [email protected]

Ask yourself what the quality of something like that represents. After taxes, profits for seller, distributor and manufacturer you are possibly getting about £25 worth of parts.

If you want something decent then look at Pioneer or Alpine. Something like the Alpine ILX 702 D is a supurb unit that will give you Bluetooth, USB, DAB+ and Apple CarPlay / Android Auto

Happy to quote you if you want to drop an email to [email protected]
Just got a W443 now so dropped you a quick email 👍

Ended up with Teyes CC3 and it's brilliant. Can highly recommend if anyone looking to upgrade their stereo

Ended up with Teyes CC3 and it's brilliant. Can highly recommend if anyone looking to upgrade their stereo
This looks very similar to the Chinese 9" head unit I have in.
The advert talks of 9" and 10", is this definitely 10"?
I can see advantage of the better unit with 6gig of ram.

I assume the functions are the same as mine,
BT,
rear cam,
dash cam (via USB input),
GPS.

Does it comply with the canbus for steering controls, auto switching to reverse cam?

The advert has some confusion.
It suggests it is for the 2010 - 2015 models, but says it is for the round corner unit. That's a contradiction as the rounded corners were fitted only to earlier 639's

Yep to be fair iv not checked exact dimensions but it's meant to be 10.1 screen. Bought the surround and moved the air vents and AC controls into it.

Super simple, plug and play and canbus etc all worked first time with no issues. Really impressed. Also running Netflix and Sky Go.

I went with the Teyes CC3 + Fascia, DVR, Canbus, BT OBD2 and rear cam.

Couldn't post a video but no issue with switching to reverse camera and then back to main screen.
20221016_104023.jpg

Reactions: m80
I'm thinking of buying the Teyes CC3 for my Viano, how's your head unit fairing? I have loads of questions if you wouldn't mind answering?

Did it integrate with the steering wheel and dashboard cluster display?
How does the DVR connect in? Does the screen automatically switch to the rear camera when you select reverse.
Does it connect to both Android Auto and Car Play easily without any fuss? (obviously not at the same time)
What's the phone functionality like? Does it sync mobile contacts, do your messages get read out etc.

I'm really keen but incredibly dubious to trust. It looks too good to be true.

I'm thinking of buying the Teyes CC3 for my Viano, how's your head unit fairing? I have loads of questions if you wouldn't mind answering?

Did it integrate with the steering wheel and dashboard cluster display?
How does the DVR connect in? Does the screen automatically switch to the rear camera when you select reverse.
Does it connect to both Android Auto and Car Play easily without any fuss? (obviously not at the same time)
What's the phone functionality like? Does it sync mobile contacts, do your messages get read out etc.

I'm really keen but incredibly dubious to trust. It looks too good to be true.
I will try answer all your questions.

Steering wheel controls: worked without issue and no mapping was required but customing mapping is possible too.

There is no cluster integration from what I seen but if you get the canbus adapter it will display open doors, ac info and also allows proper reverse lines that move with steering wheel.

DVR works well and have the camera fitted under rear view mirror, cable is long enough to run through roof lining and along A pillar and into the back of the stereo. Installed 64gb micro sd from amazon and not noticed any issues. Just have to format once in the dvr app then will auto record.

Reverse camera auto switches on when in reverse and switches back once out of reverse. Nice big clear picture with guidelines. Added bonus is you can set front camera from dvr or reverse camera to display whilst driving.

Wireless android auto and Carplay and not seen any issues but don't use it got Google Maps on the unit itself.

No issues or complaints with the BT and phone contacts it all works as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom