Steve Jobs Resigns....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He doesn't look like he has got long in this world.

I'm not into Apple stuff at all but he has done very well though considering where Apple were in the late 90s...

Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Tim Berners-Lee will be the names taught to school children of a future digital age just as Stevenson, Watt, Arkwright, Darby, Tull were redolent of the industrial revolution. Immortality guaranteed I guess.:dk:
I like to think of him as the guy who made PIXAR happen.:thumb:

Last edited:
I wonder if he'll develop an iRESIGN App?

A great mind who knows what people want before they know themselves.

For all the Money he might have I bet he would give all of it away for his heath.

He'd trade all his cash in for a patch of grassland?

:D

I don't have anything like the amount of cash he does, but I am now more acutely aware than ever before of the importance of good health.

Historically, I probably would have said money was the number one priority.

Don't believe all you read. I was working on a re-fit at Apple HQ stockley park, about 20 years ago 90 -95?.

Not only the best custom made refrigeration, counters walk-ins, chillers etc that money could buy were being installed. But everyone on site was then held up and gob smacked at the sheer size and amount of the marble counter tops being installed. And that was just their canteen. They new then something was in the pipeline.

Might all go t*ts up shortly after the court battle with Samsung, Apple might be big but they are not in the same league as Samsung, will make very interesting events over the coming months.:)

Might all go t*ts up shortly after the court battle with Samsung, Apple might be big but they are not in the same league as Samsung, will make very interesting events over the coming months.:)

Don't know about Samsung being in a different league to Apple, they posted similar profits in 2010.

Iirc Samsung manufacture iPhones etc and this litigation comes from that. The problem they have is that Apple can get there phones made anywhere and then no-one would remember Samsung in ten years.

It's got a most fanatical fan-base, one that would buy literally anything with the word 'i' in front.

Don't know about Samsung being in a different league to Apple, they posted similar profits in 2010.

Iirc Samsung manufacture iPhones etc and this litigation comes from that. The problem they have is that Apple can get there phones made anywhere and then no-one would remember Samsung in ten years.

It's got a most fanatical fan-base, one that would buy literally anything with the word 'i' in front.

Depends which division of Samsung you are looking at if you look at Samsung Corporation then it is massive and has massive firepower and it is this parent company that is funding the litigation defence. Apple pales into insignificance compared to this giant. Samsung Electronics Division alone is still a lot bigger than Apple it is number 22 in the Fortune 500's list of top 100 companies, Apple does not even make the LIST

Apple electronics are mainly made in China Samsung manufacture their own processors, panels, electronics that go into their own products. Apple are accusing Samsung of copying the iphone and ipad which is total b*llocks as Samsung has a far greater track record of innovation than apple, as I say it's going to get interesting :D

The one area Apple have a massive advantage over Samsung is marketing this is what they are really good at.

On that link that you've posted, check out the most profitable and the fastest growing.

Apple is above Samsung electronics division in the profits and Samsung don't even make it on to the list of fastest growing.

Apple are accusing Samsung of copying the iphone and ipad which is total b*llocks as Samsung has a far greater track record of innovation than apple,

That comment reminds me of Vicky Pollard saying "Anyway don't listen to her coz everyone knows her fąnny goes sideways."

Does Samsung's reputation really preclude any possibility that they may have infringed an Apple patent? Surely Apple must have some grounds for bringing the action?

On that link that you've posted, check out the most profitable and the fastest growing.

Apple is above Samsung electronics division in the profits and Samsung don't even make it on to the list of fastest growing.

I know I realize that but I was specifically talking about the court case when it comes to IP litigation then usually (but not always) firepower wins. Samsung are a very well established company with a good track record of innovation with massive financial backing they won't let it drop or back down a long protracted law suit will hurt Apple far more than Samsung all IMHO of course.

That comment reminds me of Vicky Pollard saying "Anyway don't listen to her coz everyone knows her fąnny goes sideways."

Does Samsung's reputation really preclude any possibility that they may have infringed an Apple patent? Surely Apple must have some grounds for bringing the action?

I guess Apple do have grounds or they would not have started the litigation but I would be amazed if Samsung had infringed any patents, but we will see Apple obviously think they did.

Apple are accusing Samsung of copying the iphone and ipad which is total b*llocks as Samsung has a far greater track record of innovation than apple, as I say it's going to get interesting :D

I must admit that I'm not that much of a gadget geek, so maybe I've missed them, but what innovations have Samsung developed and created?

Apple has a Market cap of USdollar 386billion - nearly four times that of Samsung. In July it had 76bn USD of cash. By Market capitalisation it is the largest US company. By revenue it is 35th in the Fortune 500.

I have no idea of the merits of their case, but if this is a game of top trumps, Samsung is toast.

Last edited:
Apple has a Market cap of USdollar 386billion - nearly four times that of Samsung. In July it had 76bn USD of cash. By Market capitalisation it is the largest US company. By revenue it is 35th in the Fortune 500.

I have no idea of the merits of their case, but if this is a game of top trumps, Samsung is toast.

Apple have a massive amount of brand goodwill and inertia. They also are good at design and packaging.

But they actually have very little compared with the likes of Sony or IBM or Samsung who research, design, and manufacture key technologies and processes.

The reason Apple are litigating is simply because they have to. They can't compete so easily if the fight gets down to the technology. So they're doing the equivalent of holding their competitor at bay, and not letting them get in close, by using IP legal attacks to keep them back against the ropes.

It's not helped by the fact that the US patent system is very broken and people have short memories. There has been very very little new in the IT world since the late 70s / early 80s.

Apple has a market cap of nearly 4 x Samsung Electronics Division not Samsung Corporation which is comprised of various divisions of Samsung as HERE

The largest US company by market cap as end of July was Exxon Mobil, by revenue Apple 35th but as always Wal Mart No1 closely followed by Exxon Mobil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom