Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meldrew2

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport (Red) Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (Black) Sorry about that...
What a load of pony. Is this what our licence fee pays for?

One of the most respected comics out there, if its not your 'cup of tea' that's fine but i don't think you can call it 'pony'.

BBC has to appeal to a very wide audience. Can't all be Eastenders or Terry and June.
They have a great reputation around the world for quality and variety. We should be proud of them.

As for this programme, not really my thing. I have seen it a couple of times and laughed a little. Tends to drag the jokes on a little for Gen Y I think.

I watched it once and that was enough for me. However I do appreciate that those who like it pay the same licence fee as the "Celebrity Kitchen Swap On Ice" aficionados.

…….i don't think you can call it 'pony'.

But if I hadn't used cockney rhyming slang the filter would have got me :ban:

BBC has to appeal to a very wide audience. Can't all be Eastenders or Terry and June.
They have a great reputation around the world for quality and variety. We should be proud of them.

I quite agree. But then again, plenty of people on here slate Top Gear :devil:

I just caught the last five minutes and it left me feeling :confused::confused::confused: Then again, diff'rent strokes…………..

Not BBC, but I've just wandered in, put the telly on and Bullitt came straight on. Car chase is on. So is the amp..

Now if that's what I'm paying Sky to watch, then happy days :)

Edit - sorry its off topic, but no Mrs TDE1 today = afternoon in the local. I'll go away now and listen to V8s.

Last edited:
Not BBC, but I've just wandered in, put the telly on and Bullitt came straight on. Car chase is on. So is the amp..

Now if that's what I'm paying Sky to watch, then happy days :)

I don't think that broadcasting an oft-repeated film from nearly half a century ago makes Sky good value for money.

I don't think that broadcasting an oft-repeated film from nearly half a century ago makes Sky good value for money.
Was intended as a light hearted post, but I'll let the other 10 million voluntary subscribers know ASAP. Silly us ;)

Last edited:
Was intended as a light hearted post, but I'll let the other 25 million voluntary subscribers know ASAP. Silly us ;)

25 million ??

Sky would be delighted to have even half that number of subscribers.

He takes no prisoners including the audience.

[YOUTUBE HD]OVPYFsTlp4Y[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited:
being the simplistic and dogmatic gen y type, i relate to him and find him very funny

"i know, you spread it.."

He was far funnier with Richard Herring
I think i've seen more stand up comedians than most( a few on this forum hehe) -Lee can be hit and miss though.Scathingly brilliant but also just bitter and not funny at times

Ahhhhhh....... Terry & June

The pinnacle of quality and innovative sitcom - why oh why can't they bring it back?:dk:

swannymere said:
Because poor old Terry is dead.

Then how about a series where June is a medium? Could call it "not even till death do we part"

Terry could be a poltergeist, moving paint rollers and thelawnmower ...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom