sticking car door handles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
hi all
when we use the rear door handles on the 124 estate they sometimes stick half open. this does not impede the functioning of the lock at all. question is how do i lube teh handles so they stop sticking in this position?

cheers

matt

hi all
when we use the rear door handles on the 124 estate they sometimes stick half open. this does not impede the functioning of the lock at all. question is how do i lube teh handles so they stop sticking in this position?

cheers

matt

Just spray some Silicon or PTFE into the push button and this will fix it, not WD40

Malcolm, thanks for the prompt advice - do you mean spraying it in from above on the push buttons inside the car?

Yes, the PTFE is transparent and leave no residue, just wipe off with a rag

Are the interior push-buttons not at the opposite end of the doors to the actual locks / exterior handles?

Would be better to spray into the exterior handle appertures whilst holding them open? Also lubricate the actual locks from the edge of the doors.

Are the interior push-buttons not at the opposite end of the doors to the actual locks / exterior handles?

Would be better to spray into the exterior handle appertures whilst holding them open? Also lubricate the actual locks from the edge of the doors.

Yes do it all, I agree :)

They are above the lock IIRC...will look tomorrow. May do as you suggest too Whitenemesis...might as well belt and brace it.

cheers folks

As Malcolm says don't use WD40, it can stain and tends to attract grit.

Matthew, just phone Mb at Milton Keynes and ask for the Chiswell help desk :devil::D

update

handles silicon sprayed from outside and seems to have done the job. I think the rear doors were not much used the last few years as there was much more gunk in the mechanism than the front 2. will re-apply a few times in coming weeks-hope that has sorted it.

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom