Still a daily driving defector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
Still haven't come back to the mercedes realm with my daily driver. After 7/8 months of hard driving and towing up to 3.5 tonnes on 400/500 mile trips it was time to change cars.

Time to part exchange it in and get smaller daily. Ended up with a 2005 530d M Sport. Current thoughts, love the drive and capability. But why do I feel like I'm sat on the floor of this car? I feel like I need a booster seat and I'm 6ft 2?

Interior quality is much better than the chrysler but then so is a horse and kart compared to that thing. Power delivery from the straight six is responsive and has more of a punch to it although the 3.0 derv in the old 300c was quite decent at around 265bhp.

Loved the chrysler but I will see how I get on with the 5. I've had e92 330d manuals and 730d's etc but never a 5 and I'm reserved about this seating position mainly at the moment.

Photos to follow (all abuse welcome)

No abuse from me, when it was working I really enjoyed my E60, you should notice the difference the first time you take a sweeping bend at speed. The M4/M5 junction heading East and North was the moment I realised that the 5 series handled really well.

I replaced the runflats with normal tyres and a compressor/can of goo ASAP which improved the ride considerably.

There was a recall for the battery smart leads which, supposedly, posed a fire risk which didn't fix the most annoying feature of mine which was that the battery would run down a little - not enough to cause starting issues but enough to clear all the little electronic pre-sets such as the clock. Oh yes the clock, never have I known a digital clock to run slow, 10 mins/day in fact.

Don't mean to sound negative, I really enjoyed owning it.

lewyboy said:
No abuse from me, when it was working I really enjoyed my E60, you should notice the difference the first time you take a sweeping bend at speed. The M4/M5 junction heading East and North was the moment I realised that the 5 series handled really well. I replaced the runflats with normal tyres and a compressor/can of goo ASAP which improved the ride considerably. There was a recall for the battery smart leads which, supposedly, posed a fire risk which didn't fix the most annoying feature of mine which was that the battery would run down a little - not enough to cause starting issues but enough to clear all the little electronic pre-sets such as the clock. Oh yes the clock, never have I known a digital clock to run slow, 10 mins/day in fact. Don't mean to sound negative, I really enjoyed owning it.

No not at all, I've noticed the same issues, clock is wiped back and need to reset it, the tyres are absolutely terrible. Really noticeable I thought the wheel was going to come off at one point the bang they make on just a cats eye.

The handling is much sharper than a mercedes w219 but you do compromise on comfort.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom