Still a defector...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meldrew2

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport (Red) Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (Black) Sorry about that...
I am about to sin again... on Friday I'm picking up a BMW X4.

The slightly higher driving position will help with driving at night without being blinded, memory seats means that I don't have to spend ten minutes adjusting the seat back into position after parking at the airport, real time traffic on the sat-nav is something that the X1 is missing, and the purchase itself will enable me to dispose of any excess money for a while...

Cue movements in the Meldrew household, Mrs M is going to have my X1, and her X1 is being PXed, as it has covered more mileage, is a couple of years older and more importantly, my X1 has the heated seats which she has always wanted.

So her personal registration is being put on retention, then we will be playing "musical chairs" with the registration plates when I receive the V5 for the new car.

Insurance is not too complicated, all 3 are insured in my name with Mrs Meldrew as a named driver on each policy... one policy also names her as the main driver. All 3 policies are also with the same firm (LV=) but have different renewal dates...

The 2.0 diesel has more than ample power for our purposes, and mated to the 8 speed auto it is a match made in heaven, seems always to be in the correct ratio and the fuel economy is also quite satisfactory for us.

Sorry... I am still a defector.

These highrise cars blind everybody else in normal cars.

The worst offenders - at least round our way - are small hatchbacks with led headlights pointing at the sky because of the weight of passengers / shopping in the back.

Reactions: m80
As an owner of the latest G30 520d, I agree that the 2litre 4 pot and 8 speed box is more than ample.

Health to enjoy !!!

Enjoy!
Post pictures please [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

These highrise cars blind everybody else in normal cars.

In thoery the opposite should be true,
the higher the headlight the steeeper than angle to still illuminate enough of the road in front.
The sun is at an ideal height, apart from sun up and sun down, then it gets us all because it's lower.

I am about to sin again... on Friday I'm picking up a BMW X4.

The slightly higher driving position will help with driving at night without being blinded, memory seats means that I don't have to spend ten minutes adjusting the seat back into position after parking at the airport, real time traffic on the sat-nav is something that the X1 is missing, and the purchase itself will enable me to dispose of any excess money for a while...

Cue movements in the Meldrew household, Mrs M is going to have my X1, and her X1 is being PXed, as it has covered more mileage, is a couple of years older and more importantly, my X1 has the heated seats which she has always wanted.

So her personal registration is being put on retention, then we will be playing "musical chairs" with the registration plates when I receive the V5 for the new car.

Insurance is not too complicated, all 3 are insured in my name with Mrs Meldrew as a named driver on each policy... one policy also names her as the main driver. All 3 policies are also with the same firm (LV=) but have different renewal dates...

The 2.0 diesel has more than ample power for our purposes, and mated to the 8 speed auto it is a match made in heaven, seems always to be in the correct ratio and the fuel economy is also quite satisfactory for us.

Sorry... I am still a defector.

Put one Policy in the name of Mrs M, so as to minimise problems should you pre-decease her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom