still having air con probs w124

Discussion in 'Engine' started by michaelk3289, Aug 13, 2011.

1. michaelk3289

michaelk3289 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1999 W210 E240 Avantgarde
    hi there

not sure if this is the correct section, cant seem to find anything for aircon

i am still having probs with my aircon, i have been told that i have aircon over climate control as i have three vertical buttons in between the 2 round dials

i have several problems, the first is in regards to temp, the temp is only cold on the very lowest setting, once it is moved 1 notch up from the very coolest setting (18) it gets hot, very hot

the second is the that when it rains the car steams up on the inside, i have an air drying button but this seems to do very little, i have found an aircon dryer on ebay, will this fix the steaming up pronblem, here the link

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

many thanks

michael

2. carat 3.6

carat 3.6 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    96 e300d, 88 w124 superturbodiesel, 90 bmw E30 v8, + "others"
    I dont think you have climate control, only air con. Dose your car use any water? I ask because those may be syptoms of a leaking heater matrix. :eek:

3. OP
    OP
    michaelk3289

michaelk3289 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1999 W210 E240 Avantgarde

hi there, sorry i must not have made it clear, thats correct i also believe it to be air con and not climate control, several members have also confirmed this

as far as i know the car does not use water, i have had it for several months and not found any probs with over heating etc, however i will check this

thanks for the advise

Michael

Tags: