Still some nice chaps around...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HotJambalaya

Car
C63
Driving down a narrow street the other day, an oncoming police car lights sirens etc forced me to swerve left, and in doing so, I knocked off a parked cars drivers side mirror :wallbash:

Got out, changed details etc with the driver who was just getting to the car, and turns out its a hire car. He spoke to the car rental company, and told them I wanted to sort it and pay privately, and they (Europcar) refused, and said they can only do an insurance claim :mad: so this chap is taking time out of his day to meet me, at a local fiat dealer and have the mirror replaced, so that it doesn't screw up my insurance....

Of course when I thought about it, all uk rental cars come with insurance, so I could have given him the £150 excess and have him return the car but then I run the risk of him pinching the money and making the claim anyway.

Still, very very nice of the chap, now, off to lambeth...

Now realistically the police car caused an accident by committing the offence of dangerous driving but failed to stop! if the boot was on the other foot you or i would be questioned!

Tony.

Strictly speaking, I suspect your insurer will require that you notify them of all "accidents" you are involved in ;)

Now realistically the police car caused an accident by committing the offence of dangerous driving but failed to stop! if the boot was on the other foot you or i would be questioned!

Tony.

Y'see. How many times do you hear or see on the TV or news. "Only move out of the way if it's safe to do so [When there's blues and twos blaring]". In your case, taking off someone else's mirror, I'd say you were bullied into that manoeuvre? :dk:

Have they, the emergency services caused the accident? Or was it your fault for not reacting in the correct manner? Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom