Still unsure!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4n0y-merc

Car
Mercedes SLC
Hi all

Following my post in wheels and tyre "will these fit my 2004 clk" I am still unsure if the wheels I want will fit my clk!

So I thought I would try a different approach, can anyone help me understand the numbers on the wheels?

Front Wheel Size: 8.5 j x 18h2 et39
Tyre size 245/40/18

Rear Wheel Size: 9jx18h2 et 39.
Tyre size: 265/35/18

So let me start with what I think I know, 8.5j 9j is the width of the wheel, corresponds with the 245/265 on the tyre.

35/45 is tyre wall size.

18 is obviously wheel size diameter.

Does 39 represent the offset? And if so I assume this the distance from the inner face (where wheel meets hub) to inner rim.

Having looked under my wheel arch this morning there is not a lot of room, probably less than a inch between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the suspension spring carrier. I currently have 17inch standard five spoke (look a bit like a jelly mould (ugly IMO)

I am prity sure they will fit under
The arch but it's the off set that worries me and I am not sure where to measure from.

I would also love to know your thoughts on putting these wheels on, my biggest concern is the cost of tyre (£100 to £240) and that it may make steering and ride stiff.

Hey thanks cl55am

But I have checked here, I problem with this list is my wheel size (new ones) is not listed against my car. So does that mean they won't fit or were not fitted as standard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom