[SOLVED] Still unsure!!!

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by 4n0y-merc, Oct 28, 2011.

1. 4n0y-merc

4n0y-merc Active Member

Car:
    Mercedes SLC
    Hi all

Following my post in wheels and tyre "will these fit my 2004 clk" I am still unsure if the wheels I want will fit my clk!

So I thought I would try a different approach, can anyone help me understand the numbers on the wheels?

Front Wheel Size: 8.5 j x 18h2 et39
    Tyre size 245/40/18

Rear Wheel Size: 9jx18h2 et 39.
    Tyre size: 265/35/18

So let me start with what I think I know, 8.5j 9j is the width of the wheel, corresponds with the 245/265 on the tyre.

35/45 is tyre wall size.

18 is obviously wheel size diameter.

Does 39 represent the offset? And if so I assume this the distance from the inner face (where wheel meets hub) to inner rim.

Having looked under my wheel arch this morning there is not a lot of room, probably less than a inch between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the suspension spring carrier. I currently have 17inch standard five spoke (look a bit like a jelly mould (ugly IMO)

I am prity sure they will fit under
    The arch but it's the off set that worries me and I am not sure where to measure from.

I would also love to know your thoughts on putting these wheels on, my biggest concern is the cost of tyre (£100 to £240) and that it may make steering and ride stiff.

2. cl55 amg

cl55 amg Active Member

Car:
    CL55 AMG
  3. OP
    OP
    4n0y-merc

4n0y-merc Active Member

Car:
    Mercedes SLC
    Hey thanks cl55am

But I have checked here, I problem with this list is my wheel size (new ones) is not listed against my car. So does that mean they won't fit or were not fitted as standard?

Tags: