Stock market woes drive wealthy investors to (super)car showrooms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting... (in spite it being a 'Mail' thread :D )

The local Vauxhall dealership which I used for several years closed last year, and the place re-opened recently as 'The Exotic Car Centre' or something to this effect... :eek:

Rare cars are always a great investment, especially if you really know what you're buying, not just running to local Ferrari dealership and ordering 10 458's in different colors.

Most of the cars on their top ten list depreciate at horrific rates. Add storage costs, insurance and all the rest and many of these are just 'show-off' items.

Interesting... (in spite it being a 'Mail' thread :D )

The local Vauxhall dealership which I used for several years closed last year, and the place re-opened recently as 'The Exotic Car Centre' or something to this effect... :eek:

That is just down the road from me!

Presumably this is the Old Forge site just south of Maida Vale? I often wondered how long that Vauxhall dealership would last for.

Presumably this is the Old Forge site just south of Maida Vale? I often wondered how long that Vauxhall dealership would last for.

The very same one.... at some point of time in its past the Vauxhall dealership also absorbed the petrol station that was located next to it.

The dealership was in decline for some time... they are part of West End Vauxhall, who's main office has been at Staples Corner for a number of years now. The showroom and new cars sale was closed a few years a go, leaving just the service area and parts. That went a couple of years ago as well...

But the stock market is doing quite well at the moment :confused:
Agreed. Infact the story makes no sense at all. The cars listed as being the top ten bought are mainly cars that depreciate hugely, and the stock market woes are currently non-existent.

The very same one.... at some point of time in its past the Vauxhall dealership also absorbed the petrol station that was located next to it.

Ee, ah remember when it were an American car dealership in't Seventies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom