Stock W204 C63 BHP differences?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BS drive chain wise only differing by a few main components

BS hydraulic lifters (installed in my car)
Aggressive camshafts
Forged pistons (2013 onwards may have had forged pistons)
(ECU tuning)
E14 head bolts (installed in my car)

The main bearings, crankshaft, conrods are same, tasos mentioned its the same weight and dimensions as stock m156, which is forged anyway. Also heads, ports and valves are the same. I can't remember if tasos mentioned about the valve springs though?

Being closed deck, very good base for supercharging without needing to strengthen the engine as its mostly forged components anyway.

Last edited:
@badgx are you sure the C63 Black Series has different lifters, I thought they are the same as the regular C63 with the performance package engine / 507 Edition and it's only the SLS that gets upgraded buckets. The SLS Black Series got more aggressive camshafts and even better buckets, as you know.

I believe the BS engine is the same as the PP or 507, which includes the SLS forged pistons & conrods, plus the lighter crankshaft. The only difference is the ECU tune.

@badgx are you sure the C63 Black Series has different lifters, I thought they are the same as the regular C63 with the performance package engine / 507 Edition and it's only the SLS that gets upgraded buckets. The SLS Black Series got more aggressive camshafts and even better buckets, as you know.

I believe the BS engine is the same as the PP or 507, which includes the SLS forged pistons & conrods, plus the lighter crankshaft. The only difference is the ECU tune.
Steve, your right 👍 I can see the 2 part numbers for the lifters

M156 MA156 050 02 25

M159 MA159 050 00 00

BS drive chain wise only differing by a few main components

BS hydraulic lifters (installed in my car)
Aggressive camshafts
Forged pistons (2013 onwards may have had forged pistons)
(ECU tuning)
E14 head bolts (installed in my car)

The main bearings, crankshaft, conrods are same, tasos mentioned its the same weight and dimensions as stock m156, which is forged anyway. Also heads, ports and valves are the same. I can't remember if tasos mentioned about the valve springs though?

Being closed deck, very good base for supercharging without needing to strengthen the engine as its mostly forged components anyway.

Supercharging doesn't necessarily need forged components. A standard 457nhp C63 engine is good to about 800bhp, which is what ESS tuning or Stage 2 weistec kit can produce. Maintanence is key.
Obviously if one is going to the 1000bhp, especially with the new PTG 4.0L charger, then yes, forged engine and built transmission is needed.

Supercharging doesn't necessarily need forged components. A standard 457nhp C63 engine is good to about 800bhp, which is what ESS tuning or Stage 2 weistec kit can produce. Maintanence is key.
Obviously if one is going to the 1000bhp, especially with the new PTG 4.0L charger, then yes, forged engine and built transmission is needed.
The base M156 has forged rods, forged crankshaft and cast pistons as standard, so its great canvas as a closed deck engine anyway👍 and the later models from 2013, 507s, bs, benefit from forged pistons, so not much of a difference really. With a 3.0 litre Whipple Supercharger (Weistec), with larger fuel injectors and stronger fuel pump, should be able to deliver reliable horses. More air, more fuel 🏇 🙂

The base M156 has forged rods, forged crankshaft and cast pistons as standard, so its great canvas as a closed deck engine anyway👍 and the later models from 2013, 507s, bs, benefit from forged pistons, so not much of a difference really. With a 3.0 litre Whipple Supercharger (Weistec), with larger fuel injectors and stronger fuel pump, should be able to deliver reliable horses. More air, more fuel 🏇 🙂

I am happy with my 705 reliable horses 600ft lb force…..

70E51F1C-DEC8-46D7-9A6F-D042A45B7AD2.jpeg

Now that's badass, near Hellcat territory. Perfect upgrade and a tidy finish 👌 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom