Stocking Fillers??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
No not stockings and other garments :) :)

What would you recommend to a motorist as a stocking filler for Christmas??

Here is my contribution.

The book called: Roadcraft

As an instructor it was my 'bible' nothing is ever written in stone but if you follow the advice of this book, in my opinion it might make you a safer and perhaps better driver.

My copy is 'slighty' worn and perhaps out of date, but if we are prepared to accept advice, then this is a good read.

How many drivers blindly drive through green traffic lights??

They're green and I have the right of way!

Oh no you don't. Only if it is safe to proceed. Is the correct answer, try to 'clear' the opposing junction. (a quick glance is all that is required)

A motor cyclist MUST always treat every other road user as a complete idiot and being in the right never protects anyone from a ton of speeding steel.

This book will give good, sound advice on both defensive driving, and 'making progress'.

I have copied just one review to perhaps wet the appetite.

**** When collisions occur it's generally someone's fault. That's why the police tend to call them road traffic collsions now, rather than road traffic accidents. Nonetheless, what would you prefer, to be not at fault in a collision or to not have the collision in the first place? ROADCRAFT, applied correctly, will make the driver appreciate all kinds of hazards that are on the road today. Driving to the system of car control also makes you drive with less stress and you will travel using the maximum safe progress, which is how police officers treat every journey. It doesn't have to be fast, but by using the principles in ROADCRAFT, you will avoid hazards, appreciate hazards that you didn't before, and you'll learn to see them earlier. Recommended reading for EVERY driver.****

Safe driving over the Christmas period
Regards,
John

I've got Roadcraft "the essential police driver's handbook" ... very interesting and challenging.

Others:

Advanced Driver Training
Skid Pan Course ( ;) )
MB Keyring
Zymol Starter Pack
Tax Disc Holder
SL55AMG

Sorry John, I appear to have inadvertantly killed another one of your threads ... :confused:

Flyer said:
Sorry John, I appear to have inadvertantly killed another one of your threads ... :confused:

:D Hi Flyer,
It's that bloke 'Shude' everyone is waiting for him to 'Move' me to a different place!!! :)

I am in the process of knitting my stocking. ;) ;)

Regards,
John

Saw an SL65 today but it didn't have AMG badges on it. Standard :eek: Mercedes model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom