Stolen sl63 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roni b

Car
SL63 AMG
Hi fellow MB lovers.

My name is Ron and sadly last Tuesday 7th Feb my SL63 AMG was stolen from Hemel Hempstead.
I have attached pics so you can see the SL in full and the unusual interior.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if anyone has seen or hears of her for offer then contact Hertfordshire police on 01707 354000. It may take time to get through but please be patient, or send me a message.
All MB owners should look online at edilock you will be amazed what it can do, also consider an OBD blocker or a good old fashioned steering lock, no technology there but it will help slow the ?@>$^&ds down.
YOUR CAR IS NOT SAFE

Many thanks
Ron

Attachments

• 20160531_144342_resized.jpg
    20160531_144342_resized.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 20160619_103534_resized.jpg
    20160619_103534_resized.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 20160619_103559_resized.jpg
    20160619_103559_resized.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 178
I feel for you, will keep a look out as I'm around London often however I've heard that the cars are usually taken out of the UK straight away?
Hope you get it back

Sorry for what's has happened.
Where do these cars end up?

I've heard they are loaded into containers and shipped abroad?

Very sorry to hear this .

Given that this is a comparatively rare car , it may be worth contacting MB to see if they have a stolen car register , or can put a marker against the chassis number on their database - that way , if it ever appears at a dealer , here or abroad , or anyone tries to order parts against the chassis no , then it would be flagged up .

No tracker on it ?

Our Range Rover ended up in Mombasa. The police have a team permanently stationed out there and they called a year later to say they'd found it in a container with 30 others.

the obvious question - how did they steal it? broke into your house for the key? rolled it onto a transporter?

What were the circumstances at the time of the theft? When, where, what time of day or night, any immobiliser or tracker system, how old was the car, what would be the likely insurance payout to you? Registration number? All these are relevant, why have you not said. Just asking!

What were the circumstances at the time of the theft? When, where, what time of day or night, any immobiliser or tracker system, how old was the car, what would be the likely insurance payout to you? Registration number? All these are relevant, why have you not said. Just asking!

Don't know but I am off to buy an edilock straight away.

They smashed the drivers window and used something like an EDILOCK to access the command system.
No keys needed as any vehicle with key less entry can be taken this way.
You need to buy an OBD blocker or a steering wheel lock.
Car has personnel plate RONI B, taken at 1.15 AM outside my house.

They smashed the drivers window and used something like an EDILOCK to access the command system.

Ah ha! That makes a little more sense; I thought you meant the EDILOCK was keeping it safe. - Fortunately I don't have keyless go and my car also pre-dates 2010 (for the EDILOCK exploit).

Sorry for your loss; I'm not in Herts very often, but if I see anything up this way I'll ring the police.

Wow - that must have been then stolen to order. I mean the equipment required is what about £25,000. Ordinary thieves don't get anywhere near that for a vehicle.

Whichever way it took please it is seriously annoying. Hope you have good insurance.

im sure like everything else there will be cheap chinese versions that do the same thing!

Im afraid the car will probably be split for parts if its not in a container already.

I hope im wrong and its returned in one piece.

Sorry to hear about the theft. I'd be gutted if I lost mine. Looking up this EDILOCk business now[emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im sure like everything else there will be cheap chinese versions that do the same thing!

Im afraid the car will probably be split for parts if its not in a container already.

I hope im wrong and its returned in one piece.

I doubt it, but an exploit what that is doing doesn't really come that cheap to crack those certificates. But alas that is not what this thread is about.

Unfortunately too late now, but this is what I'll be looking at when I upgrade my car

Autowatch Ghost

Unless you have something unreplaceable rare is there really a point? I mean that is what insurance is for isn't it? I've never seen the insurance companies give a proper discount.

sorry about your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom