Stone breaks windsceen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosso1

Car
SL500
So my wife was a little unlucky today having a stone hit the windscreen of our sl500 no sooner she got home this went from a chip to a crack so we have someone coming out today to replace the screen on our car insurance.

Should we be unduly worried with a replacement screen as they are aware of the rain sensors?

Hope things go smoothly but has anyone experience good or bad problems after or during a change of screen?

I had the screen in my W204 replaced shortly after I got it, it also has rain sensors and it all went smoothly. Autoglass were the outfit that did it.

I had mine replaced two weeks ago by National Mobile Windscreens. Perfect job and no problem with the rain sensor either.

Well they did turn up two vans as they say it is a two man job on the SL so i though that's a good start.
Then they bring out the glass and straight away i can see its the wrong screen instead of a sl230 they bring the sl129 screen it has the rain sensor but not the radio musk fitted in to the screen as mine does.
So hopefully to day will bring better results except its raining, so i hope it stops before they arrive.

Glad that AMGeed and artyman were happy with their replacements screens and its also Autoglass doing mine today.

Autoglass did my screen replacement on my previous W211 a couple of years ago now.

Everything went well and rain sensor worked fine after.

Top job.

The service you get from Autoglass seems to vary and depends very much on the glass fitter rather than the firm as such.

I used them on a few occasions and in most cases they were brilliant, though I did get the occasional clueless fitter.

If the guys seem to know what they are doing, you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Wow they are here now i forgot that not only the rain sensor and radio fm Ariel on the screen but you have the tv ariel too not that this will ever be updated to work while i have the car.
They have a lovely canopy that extends over the car so the car does not get wet.

Would not mind one of those to leave the car under full time or even when your cleaning the car.

Its a two man job and they have given themselves around two hours to complete.

There should not be too much trouble fitting it,the problems start when you have heated windscreen wipers and other extras,glad you got it fixed and everything is ok

The service you get from Autoglass seems to vary and depends very much on the glass fitter rather than the firm as such.

Very true.

I had a screen fitted back in 1999 by them - very poor.

Re-done at their local site and done perfectly.

Reading the title of the thread, I thought this was going to be some new motoring-based variation on rock paper scissors :)

Cheers,

Gaz

Not taken the car for a drive yet but the fitting was first class.

The job was finished as quoted in two hours.
Two things so far seem different, one is good the other not as good.
The radio seems a little better not so crackly however the old screen had a bigger dark strip (sun shade) at the top this has not been added to the new screen, but is not the end of the world.
Overall i am happy to have the car back to its formal glory.

Reading the title of the thread, I thought this was going to be some new motoring-based variation on rock paper scissors :)

Cheers,

Gaz

you forgot - Lizard, Spock :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom