Stone chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amo

Car
CLS 55 AMG
all,

hopefully someone can help me with this minor issue i have.

My car has alot of stone chips around the bonnet and overall oxidation around the bumper area, i know stone chips would need respray at some point but can i not do a temp fix somehow? I have tried to touch it up with touchup paint but not used lacquer and its not perfect match...would wet sanding help?

Also would any cutting compound help?

Many thanks
Amo

Maybe best to leave them alone as touching chips in often makes them look worse. A good body shop is the only answer which is not what you want to hear, sorry.

I was looking for easier solution..I mean i know the best solution is to paint it but...I was just hoping to make it presentable until i can get it sprayed as both wings/bonnet and bumper would need doing!

You need to use lacquer , then the colour will match.

Fill the chips with paint on a cocktail stick to just below the level of the paintwork . Then when it has dried , apply lacquer the same way.

Finally t cut with a rag round a credit card to keep it flat and level , then apply polish / wax.

If your not competent in DIY you could look at getting someone like chips away to give a quote for the work....

Use as little paint as possible and use lacquer sparingly so the touch up is level with the surrounding paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom