Stone Roses reform for a....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

....huge cash generating world tour.

^ agreed. It'll be interesting to see if they last the tour but I would certainly fancy seeing them live. I am the Resurrection still one of the greatest songs ever with some of the best lyrics around.

Always felt that Ian Brown was the real talent there.

Made of Stone is my favourite track.

Last live performance in 1991? Should be an interesting tour.

Is this the zimmer and commode tour :D been all over our local news tonight.

A legend returns. They were - and still are - massive, but I suspect earned relatively little.

A legend returns. They were - and still are - massive, but I suspect earned relatively little.

For their music at Silvertone, they were only paid royalties on vinyl records sold. :rolleyes:

I was and still am a massive fan but sadly never got to see them. I have seen Ian Brown a few times now and the last time I saw him he played quite a few roses songs which was brilliant:cool:

Back in 1989 I told myself I'd listen to their first album for the rest of my life. So far, I've been right. Along with the Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, Wedding Present and Cud they provided the soundtrack to my student days. Where did those 22 years go?

I guess the pension plans have come up a bit short then. What with the financial crisis and all? :rolleyes:

220,000 tickets sold out in 68 mins, minimum price £55 so £12.1M minimum in gate receipts, not bad for three days work.

funnily enough, I used to sit a few rows behind Ian Brown and his son at Old Trafford a few years back...

I saw them in 1995 in Sheffield on their "farewell" tour. A great gig but you didn't get the sound that we were hearing from a drum kit, two guitars and Ian Brown shaking his tambourine. It does make you wonder with gigs these days just how much is pre-recorded with artists singing and playing along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom