Stonking quad core dell system for around £400

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hell fire - for those prices i might just dip in myself

has anyone managed to get one of these machines delivered?

We ordered 2 and were told a delivery date of 22/08/07 - a mail arrived today saying delivery has been put back to 23/09/07.

I phoned and was told that date was probably optimistic as there was a 6-8 week delay on all Dimension 9200s but he would happily supply me a lower specced case with a few less options for the same money - hmmmm that sounds like a bargain.

Attempted to cancel the order (which we paid for on credit card) and were told we couldn't do that until Monday - will be on the phone first thing :).

If you did order one and haven't had a mail then check the online tracking system - they've now updated that on ours as well

As the Dell machines were needed for a job I have to finish this week this week we ended up going to our local computer shop about 15 minutes before he closed and blowing the best part of 2k on the components to build a couple of rather tasty machines - he was quite pleased to see us :)

Andy

We ordered 2 and were told a delivery date of 22/08/07 - a mail arrived today saying delivery has been put back to 23/09/07.

Unfortunately Dell seem to do this a lot, then manage to ship things in time for the original delivery! Don't be suprised if you can't cancel the order because your stuff has already been built and / or shipped, but they haven't updated their online system yet.

:confused:

I am interested in these postings. I ordered one of Dell's pc with quad core processor. Order was confirmed and delivery date given. Then message to say delivery date had been put back by a few days. Order arrived on new delivery date but guess what - no quad processor, just the duo core one. Dell have yet to respond.

the guy was quite clear when he spoke to me that I would have to wait. I took his name and direct number so I can refer the customer service dept to that conversation.

If they insist on shipping I'll just refuse to accept delivery :)

Surely if they have put the wrong processor in you can reject it?

Andy

Andy, I tried to do the online build thing, but could not get the price down to the one in the linked thread?

Can I ask what you paid?

Cheers!

£675 with the Nvidia 8600GTS card, 2 x 500GB drives, Vista Ultimate and the Sound Blaster Xtreme sound card.

To get the price down to the one in the link you needed to remove the monitor and the three years on site warranty

HTH

Andy

tee hee - yet another mail from Dell claiming that the machine they couldn't deliver until the 13th of September has now been despatched (no mention of the second one though and that is still showing "pre production" on their tracking site).

For obvious reasons I don't want this and will instruct Dell not to ship it or reject it under their contract and the distance selling regulations

unless......

anyone on here wants it

spec as follows

Dell dimension 9200 with Intel Quad Core Q6600 2,4ghz processor
2gb RAM
2x500gb hard drives
Windows Vista Ultimate
NVidia 8600 GTS graphics card (256mb PCI express)
Soundblaster Xtreme sound card
Optical mouse (non wireless) and Dell Keyboard
13-in-1 card reader
16XDVD +/- RW
Microsoft works 8
1 years return to base warranty

It will be brand new, boxed and unopened price as mentioned above is what I paid for it £675 plus shipping to you (unless you collect)

I need to know as early as possible - if you are interested please drop me a line

This PC is lease/finance free as I paid for it on my debit card.

I'm happy to let any "seriously interested" folks see all the relevent Dell paperwork to confirm this is 100% genuine

Andy

Last edited:
well if it turns up we are keeping it :)

having seen just how much time a pair of 4 core machines can save us there is definitely room on the desk for a third :D

The new quad core machines are rendering 3D stuff up to 10 times faster than the hyperthreading ones, frames that took about 20 minutes each are rendered in two!! :eek:

Andy

£675 with the Nvidia 8600GTS card, 2 x 500GB drives, Vista Ultimate and the Sound Blaster Xtreme sound card.

To get the price down to the one in the link you needed to remove the monitor and the three years on site warranty

HTH

Andy

Make sure you download Alchemy from Creative or you will get no benefit from using a Soundblaster Card with Vista as Micro$oft were "clever" enough to remove Direct Sound support from DX10!:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom