Stop Car too low warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommc31

Car
2016 C350e
Good morning everyone,

I bought a 2nd hand 2016 C350e in January, love the car and the comfort with the added advantage of a few miles of electric and the sport+ mode to help me feel young again 😉.

Never had an issues with it until last night, I got in and drove the car for about 1 mile when the warning the light STOP VEHICLE TOO LOW came on, I wasn't sure what to make of it at first but decided to drive further to find a place to stop.

Then about another 100 or so yards down the road I must have gone down a small bump in the road and the front or rear of the car scrapped the floor, so I stopped pulled over, the entire car had fallen to the ground on all sides leaving about 2 inches between the sill and the floor, so i left the engine running and pushed the button to raise the car, everything fine for about 2nminutes then the same thing, this happened 4 times when I was out.

I managed to get home, parked up and raised the car, and it has stayed that way overnight.

I gather the compressor is fine, no leaks in the struts etc, any ideas what the problem may be ?

Any help appreciated

Tommc31 I had similar issues last year with my 2016 C Class. In my case car would not rise so Pressed button in overhead console for MB assistance, they sent out RAC van. The RAC man plugged into the car and checked for faults and found compressor was running too long and had cut out. Car was loaded onto a flatbed and taken to local MB dealer. New compressor and relay fitted with MB stumping up 50% of the cost so final bill was about £300. Compressor fault a well known failure on this model hence MB contributed to costs as car has full MB service history.

On a side note do not turn the steering more than a few degrees when the yellow or red warning light comes on showing vehicle too low. When the car drops the front wheels can snag on the edge of the wheel arch and bend them. I was lucky that mine did bend the near side wheel arch a little but with the help of a neighbour who works in a body shop the arch was pushed back into place without any external paint damage. A small scuff on the inside was all that needed touching up. A lucky escape as new front wheel arches and painting would be very expensive.

Tommc31 I had similar issues last year with my 2016 C Class. In my case car would not rise so Pressed button in overhead console for MB assistance, they sent out RAC van. The RAC man plugged into the car and checked for faults and found compressor was running too long and had cut out. Car was loaded onto a flatbed and taken to local MB dealer. New compressor and relay fitted with MB stumping up 50% of the cost so final bill was about £300. Compressor fault a well known failure on this model hence MB contributed to costs as car has full MB service history.

On a side note do not turn the steering more than a few degrees when the yellow or red warning light comes on showing vehicle too low. When the car drops the front wheels can snag on the edge of the wheel arch and bend them. I was lucky that mine did bend the near side wheel arch a little but with the help of a neighbour who works in a body shop the arch was pushed back into place without any external paint damage. A small scuff on the inside was all that needed touching up. A lucky escape as new front wheel arches and painting would be very expensive.
Thank you for that, the car does raise when I push the button and can stay raised for a while, overnight when I left this morning, is it worth while pushing the assistance button on the Mercedes rather than use my own RAC or is that a service you have to pay for separately?

Not sure if mine has full MB service history

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom