Stop Car Too Low.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes - you can certainly raise and lower the car on Star which is often used to lower the car.

I'm not sure if that is possible but I will certainly investigate if that is a possibility!

:thumb:

I'll let you know should I find an outcome!

:crazy:

If the car sits nice and level on a flat then the setting in star will be correct.

I could sit it on a known flat surface and measure the gap between arch and top of tyre.

Not sure how else you can do it other than diagnostics.

Not in any particular hurry so will check out the height when next in for something.

A 4 post ramp makes it a lot easier to measure and correct if necessary with star.

it wont be a star setting, have you checked for small leaks around the rear bellows?

mine was leaking there and got worse over 4 years, similar messages, but now no messages since sealing the holes.

Leaking airmatic

Cheers Alps.

I will have a look at that part.

Saying that - when my system was pressure tested whilst on diagnostics (a la post 3), it pressure-tested OK.

The fault codes I mention which were cleared were purely that the car was too low.

ARGH!

I will see what the score is when I get my Kleemanns fitted by Acid next month - it will be up on a ramp for that so was going to check engine and gearbox mounts at the same time anyway - so can probably have a shifty at these if he doesn't mind.

EDIT: Also, it's never any bleedin' lower than it was the day before - at least to the eye anyway!

This is more out of interest but having just been out to the man cave, I did have a look at how the car was sitting.

It is sitting lower on the OSR.

The man cave is a double man cave, my car sits on the left and I drive it in. It slopes back from the back of the garage (where the front of the car is) to the opening.

I poured some water near both back wheels in the same place albeit mirror-opposites, and water flows towards the left wall in both cases.

So the car sits back and the ground is higher under the OSR than the NSR.

My guess is, because it sits like this all weekend, by the time I start it, it is too low.

This either means a leak or physics and the garage floor angle is causing it.

My street is on an incline but I never see this message now that the leaks have been fixed, if that helps. And there is road camber from nearside to offside.

Save yourself all the anguish and fit coil springs.

Save yourself all the anguish and fit coil springs.

Or maybe some leaf springs from a Capri?

:D

I will be pursuing this further - just annoying there appears to be no leak from that offending corner.

I've still to check the reservoir as per Alps' post but I will have an inspection later this evening.

Well, strange situation now.

Despite recently changing the wheels:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/wheels-tyres-brakes-suspension/170801-new-wheels.html

...I've not had this message once since (had these wheels on for well over a week now).

I do know the rolling circumference is more on the new wheels (until I get the right tyres on them) but I guess without knowing what the car 'measures' it's tricky to understand...

WTF!

The god of AMGs has decided to bring this to a conclusion!

I raised the car last night to see how much clearance there was at the rear over the new wheels but noticed the OSR was noticeably lower than the other three.

At that point I knew my card was marked.

Then came out this morning to the inevitable - OSR arch nearly sat on the tyre. :crazy:

I've jacked the corner up for now.

Hopefully it will be a leak rather than duff shocker or worse... we shall see.

Be interesting to see what happens once this is resolved, as to whether I still get messages, as maybe it was a situation that has gone on for the time I've had it.

:dk:

as per my post, check the reservoir, mine was corrosion which got worse, ultimately same state as yours. it will be where the rubber pipe joins.

would be interesting to see how you get on.

as per my post, check the reservoir, mine was corrosion which got worse, ultimately same state as yours. it will be where the rubber pipe joins.

Can a leaking reservoir affect a single corner or would it drop all corners?

What angle did you take that picture - with the car jacked up is it possible to see it (you mention yours was on a ramp)?

Yep on a ramp, the valve block isolates each side so both or one side can be effected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom