Stop Lamp & BAS Warnings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roj

Hi,

It's been a while since I posted on here, I've been sans Mercedes for a few years until a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, my return to the marque is already tainted somewhat!

I have a '00 W203 C220CDi, on which I recently replaced the rear SAM after it was knackered by an un-knowing mechanic trying to jump start it :crazy:

All was going well after the SAM was replaced, apart from the fule gauge which I knew would nee a re-code to fix. The ESP light was always on too, but I assumed this was down to the steering wheel alignment (a lower arm was replaced for the MOT).

Unfortunately, I now have a "Stop Lamp Visit Workshop!" warning and the brake lights are on permenantly. The brake pedal posisiton switch has ben replaced and another 'known good' SAM was fitted, but both had no affect on the fault. BAS warning also appeared, but this has been cleared/reset now... I think the disconnecting of the battery may have cleared that. The STAR system did pick up that the brake position switch signal was present coming out of the ESP CU.

I'm now looking to test the line that carries the brake position signal to the rear SAM, but I don't have access to the wiring schematics.

So, can anyone tel lme which connector and pin at the rear SAM carries the brake position signal? I know I'm looking for >3.5v when brake applied and <1.5V with no brake, so if I'm getting the correct signal at the pin, I'll know the fault lies after that point.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could upload or send me a pdf of the wiring schematics!

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Hi,
I had a lot of electronics gremlins once and the SRS light was full on. I tried everything for 6 month, loking at switches, changing switches, loking at all wires etc... pulling my hair out and couldn't found anything :(
The solution was to plug the car on the STAR and MB erased all the stored codes.
The SRS light was on as aparently there was too many faults stored in the car computer and as a safety you need to visit them as only MB could erased them.
Maybe you have the same with the "visit the shop" and it will have to cost you 60 quids to get it fix and be happy ever after??
Maybe other will help better...
Olivier

Hi Olivier, thanks for the reply.

I did have the STAR diagnostics connected up, that's how I found out that there was a short circuit and that the brake position switch was operating correctly.

Alas, there is no need for any further action.... the fault has miraculously cleared! :bannana: Ithink there must have been water ingress somewhere nd this was causing the short. I'm kind of thinking that it will reappear at some point, so I'll just need to avoid driving on rainy days!

Anyways, all is good now so maybe it'll be best to chop it in against something newer, I'm not at all impressed with this era of Benz :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom