Stop, Start CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rhino51

Car
220 CLS
Hi
I’m a new member , I have a 2014. CLS 220, At moment I am having some issues
with the auto stop ,start
Any ideas ?

What are the issues?

One common thing with anything that has this feature is that it needs plenty of battery, I.e in my old work van in winter months with heating blaring, music blaring, lights on etc the feature wouldn’t work half the time

Hi
New Aux battery fitted only months ago.
Heard there may have been recall on column issues

Don't go for cheap batteries, they can't sustain that many electronic devices your car has
Hi
New Aux battery fitted only months ago.
Heard there may have been recall on column issues

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

The airbag recall is unrelated to Start/Stop.

Most common issues affecting Start/Stop are either main battery or auxiliary battery.

But there are many other factors...

On my 2013 C-Class, Start/Stop stopped working and a fault code scan flagged the Brake Pressure Sensor as faulty.

Sensor replaced and all is now back to normal.

So if you are certain that both batteries are good, have the codes read.

I have to say the stop start system on my CLS is my only complaint with the car.
It cuts out far too early, I mean if you are turning the car and stop before reversing back the engine cuts out literally as you are selecting reverse.
Only this morning my missus was coming into the drive behind the little Mini I’m working on and being cautious not to hit the Mini the Engine cut out twice.
A total waste of time as far as I’m concerned.
Looking at one of the reviews of the CLS this also was a complaint.
It wouldn’t be quite so much of a nuisance if the time was extended to around 20 - 30 seconds before cutting out, I could live with that.

I have to say the stop start system on my CLS is my only complaint with the car.
It cuts out far too early, I mean if you are turning the car and stop before reversing back the engine cuts out literally as you are selecting reverse.
Only this morning my missus was coming into the drive behind the little Mini I’m working on and being cautious not to hit the Mini the Engine cut out twice.
A total waste of time as far as I’m concerned.
Looking at one of the reviews of the CLS this also was a complaint.
It wouldn’t be quite so much of a nuisance if the time was extended to around 20 - 30 seconds before cutting out, I could live with that.
I believe you can turn it off, if you don't like the way it works?

I believe you can turn it off, if you don't like the way it works?

Yes there is a switch on the car which can isolate the stop start but you have to isolate it every time you start up the car.
I’m getting used to doing this most times but I would rather have the ability to isolate it permanently.

I suspect there would be a module out there for that, when I had my Smartroof fitted it was programmed to disable the stop/start function for every journey, I now elect to use it if stationary for a long time..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If you can live without brake hold disconnect the neg rail battery sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom