Stopped for my Number plate after 10yrs...oh well :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I'm putting legal font plates on it, no point moaning as long as its the same rule for all the others I see incorrect :) :)

Give the man a medal! Finally someone who is adult enough to just hold up their hands, accept responsibility and get it sorted. Well done to you. :)

Screw heads are often placed to 'link' characters or to turn them into something else

So, has someone yet caught Gucci driving around with his M411BAG plate with the screws strategically positioned between both 1s? :devil:

Off topic, thought of getting W210 bodycoloured handles for your ML would look great IMO

Agreed. the other day I saw a very late W203 model with the black door handles standing out like a sore thumb. I can't really understand why Mercedes hasn't been fitting the colour coded ones as standard across the range :confused:.

So, has someone yet caught Gucci driving around with his M411BAG plate with the screws strategically positioned between both 1s? :devil:

lol - nice to see you Guido - wondered what you were up to!!

So, has someone yet caught Gucci driving around with his M411BAG plate with the screws strategically positioned between both 1s? :devil:.

:D Damn I missed out on that one.

Update,

New Legal font / spaced plated on order with no badges, signs, GB, Euro etc.

Not sure why the GB isn't ok? I don't want a euro badge I'm from GREAT BRITAIN thank you.

As for the plate yes C2BER is meant to be CYBER and in the 10 years lots of colleagues in various companies have commented favourably on the plate. OK C1 or CYB 3R would be beter but these were several thousands.

I have a few other plates on renention and have thought of putting SLX 280 on the ML, dateless plate means nothing but legal.

So soon to be legal after 10 years :)

Update,

Not sure why the GB isn't ok? I don't want a euro badge I'm from GREAT BRITAIN thank you.

As for the plate yes C2BER is meant to be CYBER and in the 10 years lots of colleagues in various companies have commented favourably on the plate. OK C1 or CYB 3R would be beter but these were several thousands.

I have a few other plates on renention and have thought of putting SLX 280 on the ML, dateless plate means nothing but legal.

For what its worth, imho SLX 280 is 100x smarter than the current plate.

Update,

Hi there,

Just a quick note of caution (in case you weren't aware) but the new plates will need to carry the relevant markings for them to be road legal - I think it's a BS number and the postcode of the place that makes them etc? I know they are very strict when making plates these days and physically request to see evidence of logbook/ID etc etc.

A lot of the online-supplied plates don't meet the regs unfortunately.

Will

Just a quick note of caution (in case you weren't aware) but the new plates will need to carry the relevant markings for them to be road legal - I think it's a BS number and the postcode of the place that makes them etc? I know they are very strict when making plates these days and physically request to see evidence of logbook/ID etc etc.

A lot of the online-supplied plates don't meet the regs unfortunately.

Will

Which is why the online retailers do a roaring trade at twice the price of your local place!
I think it's just England the law applies to (Wales too?) - but plates can be ordered from Ireland (both Nrth & Sth I think) (& Scotland?) made up in anyway you choose, your responsibility to adhere or not to the rules..
I might just order a job lot in case the gap is closed! Admittedly mine are so close to legal that you'd be hard pressed to spot it unless concentrating hard.
"please note I am almost certainly wrong in all or most legal respects.. & bear no responsibility! However I normally order my plates online from fancyplates......"

fyonn said:
international war courts.

Nuremburg war trials determined that saying "it was the law", or "I was under orders" is not an acceptable excuse for certain actions.

Hence, it is the responsibility of every individual to make a decision to uphold or not the laws that they are subject to, and to take responsibility for that.

OK, I accept it's a far cry from an illegal numberplate, however, the comment this was in response to was that "You cannot pick & choose which laws you will obey, disobeying the ones you find inconvenient." the thing is we all do. we all choose to obey most laws, I imagine most of us choose to break others for one reason or another.

admittedly, few of us choose to break the laws surrounding murder, say, but most of us choose to break other less important laws. IE. speeding, numberplate technicalities.

how many of us have kept a recording off the TV for more than 30 days? or ripped a CD to their computer/ipod. both illegal according to UK law yet many of us choose to disobey these laws. many people speed by either small or large amounts. quite a few people are not averse to paying a workman "under the counter" to avoid tax and to get a cheaper price. etcetc

all this is unimportant really, I was just arguing against the statement that we can't pick and choose which laws to obey, because we all do pick and choose, regularly.

:)

dave

Nuremburg war trials determined that saying "it was the law", or "I was under orders" is not an acceptable excuse for certain actions.

all this is unimportant really, I was just arguing against the statement that we can't pick and choose which laws to obey, because we all do pick and choose, regularly.

Is that really the case that people were prossecuted after carrying out orders that were the law.
Following orders is different to following the law and I'm fairly sure there were no laws that made people commit war crimes, were there.?
Do you have any examples.?

Meant to say nice copper even took a piccy of wifes plate, got new plates very next day from work, which is very handy and very very cheap ie foc:D

Lynall

New plates on, legal font no border / badges. BS code.

Only think I think its missing is the postcode?? see they stop me now..

IMAGE_028.jpg

Only think I think its missing is the postcode??

Nope, you need the maker's name as well as the name & postcode of the company that supplied it
The British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: -
  • The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d)
  • The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)
  • The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean acompany whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)
  • A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters are optional additions.
  • There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/displayofnumberplates.pdf

ooh well,

Will see :) its doesn't actually say if that information should be on the front or back? Its on the back I'm sure :) :)

Thanks though

The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean acompany whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)

Why?

Fundamentally, if plates have no maker's name on then it's almost certain that no proof has been shown that the registration is genuine.

As DM says, legit makers need to see various docs. from you (including the V5) before they will make a plate.

Makers who don't put their details on the plate cannot be traced, so aren't typically bothered whether the details you give them are false or not.

So will I fail an MOT as well?

Why do I want to drive round with the makers name free advertising for them?? Its like any car stickers saying where it is from its the first thing I take off when buying a car

OOh well if the same poilceman see's me and he will, at least from passing it looks like I've changed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom