Storing winter wheels on garage wall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coalville126

Car
W126 300SE, S210 E55, R107, Subaru Legacy ST
As per the title, I 'd like to store my spare set of wheels off the floor to free up some space & was wondering what do you guys use to hang your spare set of wheels.

These look very nice 'n' all, but wouldn't a nice bit of blue rope through the wheel, hung onto a hook in the wall work?

It'll hold each flat to the wall and won't damage them as the rope is soft.

These look very nice 'n' all, but wouldn't a nice bit of blue rope through the wheel, hung onto a hook in the wall work?

It'll hold each flat to the wall and won't damage them as the rope is soft.

Good idea but wouldn't four wheels flat against the wall take up a lot more area on the wall ?

Looks just the thing & inexpensive for the couple of sets I have on floor stands currently, taking up space.

Not sure why I've not seen this as I've been searching on there, but only came up with hooks for bare wheels without tyres & the one linked by vijilants

It's a 12m x 4 tandem single & a bit garage, so I've got wall space aplenty, but just like to free up floor space. Having a new kitchen & will be reusing some of the old units in the garage, hence having a spring clean - that's the idea anyway.

Thanks all!

Looks just the thing & inexpensive

It would be doubtful if you could make and coat them for that price , unless you have the box section and flat bar lying around.

Kenny

It would be doubtful if you could make and coat them for that price , unless you have the box section and flat bar lying around.

Kenny

That's what I thought exactly. Although I'm sure I can call on a favour & get it made, but I'll still have to paint thrm. At that price & with bolts, brackets & delivered - bargain. I've just ordered a set, so if anyone else is interested, ask & I shall post my thoughts about it.

Yes more area but less protrusion. Depends on the requirements I guess.

Yes more area but less protrusion. Depends on the requirements I guess.

Yes, less protrusion is what I'm after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom