Storm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
After the heat wave of the last 2 days, there is a nice storm kicking off in my neck of Oxfordshire which has been brewing for hours.

Anyone else?

What I don't understand (maybe someone can explain) is that I am guess the storm caused a spike/cut in the electricity supply: The lights dimmed, my TV and router went off for a second but nothing else in the house lost power. Why were only these 2 devices effected? If only the router I might have put it down to the cause coming from the phone line, the 36"TV maybe uses a lot of juice, but that surely is not true of the router!?

We had ours at 5-00pm this evening. It was as dark as 10-00pm, every car and every occupied house had it's lights on and it bucketed it down.

Within minutes I was driving at 10MPH through 4" of water on Huddersfield Road. Picked the wife up (boy was she grateful) and by the time I got home I was looking at a rainbow.

Just a few rumbles around here (so far ...)

We had a very nice thunder storm in Sheffield about 2hrs ago. And i left my sunroof open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOH!!!!!??????!!!!! :crazy: :D

Thankfully, only on tilt but the front seat backs and drivers headrest still got a good soaking!! LOL

Stu

Was on the train going through Bicester at about 7pm, and the lightening was impressive, to say the least! Surprised it was only your router that went down !

S.

Nothing here.
Finished work early today and went down the coast (Greatstone) fishing.
Anyone want any eels? :crazy:

I was driving home from shopping at around 4.45pm when it belted it down in Bradford. A friend was in Huddersfield ...and was shopping in the supermarket and apparently the roof came down...well part of it and it was flooding.everywhere...so a free swim for everyone a thank you for shopping with them.

Had it here. Turned PC on a total of 3 times this eve. Fone-line unplugged + everything. Had to put towels on windowsills (wooden frames tht are degrading - need doubleeglazing sealant - any1 got any ideas?). More leaks than a Welsh farmer ;). Small pic on http://a2005.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/.

stwat said:
We had a very nice thunder storm in Sheffield about 2hrs ago. And i left my sunroof open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOH!!!!!??????!!!!! :crazy: :D

Thankfully, only on tilt but the front seat backs and drivers headrest still got a good soaking!! LOL

Stu
211 closes the sunroof itself if it rains :)

We got the storm around 5ish, was a cracker. Pitch black skies and tons of lightening. Then the wind suddenly came and the rain was torrential :bannana: :bannana: We unplugged everything too just in case. We've lost all our stuff before to lightening - one struck and all that ;)

I love storms, as long as we're safe, and last night's was brill :D

It seems on the news though there are lots of people up this way still without power etc :( - that's not nice, hope it gets' sorted very soon.

glad you enjoyed the storm, it did some weird things to my mobile signal also. The view from the hill looking over the Isle of Wight was excellent then it got very dark, and very wet.

We never got it.

I'm off to Stoneleigh Park today (near Birmingham), judging dog agility Friday/Saturday/Sunday ... so it's probably waiting for me there!

The rain was awesome in Leeds, I got back to my car at about 17:20 and it kicked off seconds later! As I went over the pennines back into Lancs the rain vanished :)

Storm? Anyone in London notice a storm?

It's 29C here at the moment...Not that I'm a big fan of hot weather at the moment :p

-simon

I'm off to Blackpool in the lorry tonight, so will probably get some kind of crap weather along the way.
Just washed and polished the unit too :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom