Straightening a bent steering wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well if the courier did damage the goods then they should be named and shamed - considerable force and energy was needed to bend that wheel, maybe the forklift or truck ran over it:crazy:

Courier company must pay:doh:

Thought I lived in a third world scenario.

Raise the issue with PayPal. They should communicate with the seller which might wake him up. If it doesn't I understand they will extract the refund on your behalf.

Raise the issue with PayPal. They should communicate with the seller which might wake him up. If it doesn't I understand they will extract the refund on your behalf.

Don't think this would apply as the money was paid as a 'gift' not 'goods' so there is no comeback on the seller.

Thanks for all the input guys. Parcelforce are the courier, but as said they cant do anything without the seller raising the claim with them. I have already spoken with parcelforce twice and also their claims depot, all they have on their records is that the parcel has been delivered. I told them it should at least have some sort of flag against it as I contacted them immediately last wednesday when I saw the package. It seems that unless the seller / sender does his part I'm stuck! I've still had no response from him so I'm assuming he just doesn't want to know. After all it's going to be some hassle for him and he has no incentive to do anything as he has been paid. Other than of course I pay him a visit, but costs on me getting to him aren't worth it. If he was close by it would be different:mad:

I genuinely think he sent everything in good order so it's not his fault other than it wasn't given enough protection on the packaging, but it did have 'FRAGILE' tape stuck all over it, but clearly parcelforce ignored that!

Just seen this thread,

Sorry to hear about all the troubles mate, hope you can get a refund sorted, if not the worst case is split the whole column into parts and sell it, I'm sure you can get some the money back by selling the bits. At least you'll have the airbag, which you will need if you get a different steering wheel.

For starters, if the column has the linguatronic option, I'll buy it off you!

Hi Don - you know me mate, nothing is ever straight forward. Somehow it just has to go t*ts up!

I had already thought I may be able to strip it and sell the bits which is why I wasn't keen on it going back before I had the money returned as I would have nothing. I will have a look and see if it has linguatronic.

Hi Si, not been on here that much but just seen this.

Why is nothing straight forward with you!?!? lol

airbag and column alone are worth what you paid for it, its definitely not repairable IMO

I would try and get the seller to raise a claim using pictures rather than send ing the item back.

hope this gets sorted mate.

As others have said , PayPal payments made as a gift have no protection.

When someone I am buying something off wants gift payment , I just add on 3.5 / 4% to cover the fees ( you will pay this anyway if you send it as a gift ) and that way the protection is there.

Sorry to hear about your wheel. :(

Who would offer a refund without the goods being returned?

Nobody.

If you could have used Paypal to reclaim your £££ the very first thing they would require is proof of delivery BACK to the vendor.

Another reason the seller is reluctant to make a claim is that I thought it was illegal to post an airbag as they are classed as explosives.

Moral of this story NEVER pay as gift and go thought e bay that's what you pay for .. I would not send it back I would put it thought his window ..sorry to here of your miss fortune

Another reason the seller is reluctant to make a claim is that I thought it was illegal to post an airbag as they are classed as explosives.

I am not sure the classification but I know for a fact that airbags had to be stored in locked cages in the stores* and had to have "space" around them in the cage ie room to go pop!

If you cannot send batteries (lead acid) in the post I am pretty sure your correct in your assumption.

* manufacturers stores....not retail stores....just for clarification.

I am not sure the classification but I know for a fact that airbags had to be stored in locked cages in the stores* and had to have "space" around them in the cage ie room to go pop!

If you cannot send batteries (lead acid) in the post I am pretty sure your correct in your assumption.

* manufacturers stores....not retail stores....just for clarification.

Airbag inflators are indeed prohibited and it's a criminal offence to post them..

Hi Don - you know me mate, nothing is ever straight forward. Somehow it just has to go t*ts up!

I had already thought I may be able to strip it and sell the bits which is why I wasn't keen on it going back before I had the money returned as I would have nothing. I will have a look and see if it has linguatronic.

Hey Simon ,

I thought I was the only one where things aren't straight forward!!

Chin up mate, as Alps said the bits you have will at least cover you for what you paid.

I know it sucks when you've been waiting for something and it isn't what you expect when you finally manage to get it...

Airbag inflators are indeed prohibited and it's a criminal offence to post them..

Could be good leverage to get the seller to refund the value. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom