Strange 320CDi starting fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
B-I-L has a 320CDi V6 CLS. Wouldn't start early this morning although exhaust puffing smoke.

Green Flag attend and operator opens drivers door, presses 'lock' button on remote twice, climbs in and closes door and car starts immediately. :dk:

Said to B-I-L that he's seen the fault before and this always fixes it.

At second attempt later car again refused to start and B-I-L went through same procedure and car once again started.

Now, he knows he's to get it Star'd but in the meantime.....any ideas?

I have no idea.

But, some years ago I had my MAF replaced, the indie said to lock and unlock the car to reset it after. Could there be something in this? I know Ollie queried this at the time but...

It will be to do with the MERCEDES MB SS3 security system which will have an activated no engine start signal via the Engine Canbus because its failed to disarm or there's a perceived security issue . Presumably THE GREEN FLAG guy was merely going through some sort of reset routine for the immobiliser/security system .
quote:-
Types of CAN Communication
Mercedes-Benz uses several CAN networks. Depending
on model and year the following may be used.
CAN C - Engine CAN
(also known as chassis CAN)
Fast communication speeds 125 kbps or 500 kbps
CAN B - Interior CAN
(also known as body CAN)
Communication speed 83 kbps
Information from CAN C can be sent to control modules
on the CAN B or vice versa via the Electronic Ignition
Switch (EIS).
The EIS is
the only control module* that can transfer the messages and is known as the
gateway.

So the problem could be merely a software glitch or warning of some impending hardware/communication problem.

Because its a security issue I would venture you will extremely lucky to find any real information on the issue.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom