Strange clicking noise from radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidoff

Car
C180 PanEvo Kom coupe
Hi All..

It must be a good month since i've had any problems with my car, it's funny how quick things get sorted after writing to the managing director of the dealership. For you good people out there, SG Mercedes who have all of South Wales dealerships, how can i put it?? Well lets just say they aren't very good !

Anyway !! here goes with my little problem (which SG can't sort out)

I have a C180 Coupe Nov 2002 with a standard stereo with single slot CD.

I get a mechanical clicking noise from the stereo when the ignition is switch off and on. It's sound like there is something moving or reseting it's self from inside the radio....
The radio and CD player work perfectly, but as the warranty is ticking away i would like to get it sorted before "D" day comes.

Any Idea's

Thanks

Dave

Davidoff said:
Hi All..

It must be a good month since i've had any problems with my car, it's funny how quick things get sorted after writing to the managing director of the dealership. For you good people out there, SG Mercedes who have all of South Wales dealerships, how can i put it?? Well lets just say they aren't very good !

Anyway !! here goes with my little problem (which SG can't sort out)

I have a C180 Coupe Nov 2002 with a standard stereo with single slot CD.

I get a mechanical clicking noise from the stereo when the ignition is switch off and on. It's sound like there is something moving or reseting it's self from inside the radio....
The radio and CD player work perfectly, but as the warranty is ticking away i would like to get it sorted before "D" day comes.

Any Idea's

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

I don't think this sounds like your problem however, my DVD (with MP3s) sometimes tries to read the disc even when the entire audio system (Full W211 Comand) is switched off - does your radio make the same noises without the CD installed?

Mike

It could be the CD read head parking itself when you switch off.

PJH said:
It could be the CD read head parking itself when you switch off.

Yep i guess it is the read head parking itself if that's what happends when the power is switched off, my concern is that is makes a loud clicking almost like two cogs are slipping against each other.

MikeL said:
Dave,

I don't think this sounds like your problem however, my DVD (with MP3s) sometimes tries to read the disc even when the entire audio system (Full W211 Comand) is switched off - does your radio make the same noises without the CD installed?

Mike
I haven't got a system as posh as your Mike, but you know i will have to check if the same things happends without a CD installed

I recently had a similar problem when my W203 had a CD changer fitted. Then When I had my car phone installed the problem went away. I think you may have a loose connection on the radio unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom