Strange Drivers Door Window Behaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulPJ

Car
C220 CDi
Hi All, just recently my drivers door window has developed some odd behaviour. On occasion when I shut the window it bounces back open again about .5 cm so I pull on the switch and it shuts and as soon as I let go, it bounce open yet again. It doesn't do it all the time but it must have done so yesterday as when I went to the Post Office an hour ago the window was open about .5 cm and seeing as it rained a lot during the night I was lucky that the car was dry. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issue is? TIA Paul

Try normalising the window function by opening all the way and hold the button down 5sec, then close all the way and hold for 5sec.
Don't use the "one touch" function to do this, pull/push the button all the way.

Sounds like it has lost the calibration and needs to be re-done.

Steps to do this are usually in the manual that came with the car.

Loads of videos on YT on how to do a window reset.

It’s handy in the right situation, I’m sure I read once that this would happen if the car happened to be submerged in water after an accident, making it easier to break the window

Can’t remember where I read it so don’t shoot the messenger! As mentioned there are vids on the reset, this happened to me twice on my previous 204

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom