Strange engine fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simonish

Car
C Class Coupe
I dont know if anyone can throw any light on this for me, I have a C220 Auto Coupe, in the last couple of days after about 15 mins of normal driving, the engine power drops and I cannot accelerate in any gear beyond 3000 rpm, I am taking it to a "stealer" next week (earliest they can see me!) but I wondered if anyone could suggest what it may be, the engine sounds normal it just won't rev above 3k, everything works fine for 15 - 20 mins and there are no computer faults showing up at all - confused, that'll be me then...

Simon

Dont everyone shout at once....................MAF failure/ soon to be a failure :crazy:

Ian B Walker said:
Dont everyone shout at once....................MAF failure/ soon to be a failure :crazy:

We might as well start selling them on here!

Maf at the stealers is £195. From Bosch about £60. Its a do it yourself job really. They tend to start acting up and portraying the symptoms you posted. If you look at recent posts it gives a whole new meaning to cost saving (Look at Coupe Freaks post in this section)

Thanks to you all again, anyone got contact numbers for Bosch or can I buy from German and Swedish or Euro Car Parts, no probs fitting myself

Simon

Yellow Pages for a bosch agent and GSF / Euro Car Parts may be worth a look at.

Euro Car Parts are supplying a MAF sensor for the C220 at £45 inclusive, also for people in the North West area MercedesTech in Warrington (M62, Junction 9) for parts and servicing; MAF supplied and fitted incl diagnostic £75, "B Service" on C class £225 inclusive, they can be contacted on 01925 653050

Thanks to everyone for the assistance

Simon

Simonish said:
Euro Car Parts are supplying a MAF sensor for the C220 at £45 inclusive, also for people in the North West area MercedesTech in Warrington (M62, Junction 9) for parts and servicing; MAF supplied and fitted incl diagnostic £75, "B Service" on C class £225 inclusive, they can be contacted on 01925 653050

Thanks to everyone for the assistance

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Thats a hundred quid cheaper than I paid a couple of months ago at Peter Michaels in Bolton - Junction 9 thats Ikea isn't it??

Yep the old Ikea junction, there's a new one (8a I think) now, give the guys a call, they are very helpful and they are based just behind the B&Q trade centre just on the J9 roundabout

Simon

behind B&Q - multimap show it on the other side of motorway!!! behind the 'Winwick Quay' Pub

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom