Strange Events Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlenQ

Car
2004 W220 S320 CDI
Started up this morning and received three error messages:

Air Suspension - Visit workshop
ABS - Visit workshop
ESP - Visit workshop

Also the wipers and indicators would not work. I drove slowly around the block and after a couple of hundred yards the wipers and indicators started working. A little further down the road the three warning messages also disappeared.

I can see how the three messages could be an electronic 'glitch' but the wipers and indicators, what's that all about?

Anyway, everything is now back to normal. During the drive to my local MOT station (ironic I know) the car performed faultlessly and it passed its MOT with only a tyre wear advisory.

We has a bit of rain here last night and the car was very wet this morning, damp electrics maybe.

Any ideas?

Low battery voltage. Is the battery old.

Low battery voltage. Is the battery old.

Could be, I'll have to check.

I must admit although the cranking speed seemed to be normal the engine did take a second or two longer to fire up today (it normally starts almost as soon as the key is turned)

I think I'll get the battery checked out by my local auto electrician.

Could be, I'll have to check.

I must admit although the cranking speed seemed to be normal the engine did take a second or two longer to fire up today (it normally starts almost as soon as the key is turned)

I think I'll get the battery checked out by my local auto electrician.

Just out of interest do folk recommend OEM or other regular make of battery.

Recommendations please.

Started up this morning and received three error messages:

Air Suspension - Visit workshop
ABS - Visit workshop
ESP - Visit workshop

Also the wipers and indicators would not work. I drove slowly around the block and after a couple of hundred yards the wipers and indicators started working. A little further down the road the three warning messages also disappeared.

I can see how the three messages could be an electronic 'glitch' but the wipers and indicators, what's that all about?

Anyway, everything is now back to normal. During the drive to my local MOT station (ironic I know) the car performed faultlessly and it passed its MOT with only a tyre wear advisory.

We has a bit of rain here last night and the car was very wet this morning, damp electrics maybe.

Any ideas?

Open the bonnet and look down the heater duct on the passenger side, if it has water in it then the drain for it is blocked. If this is the case then remove the N/S/F carpet as i suspect all the wiring that side will be water damaged :(

Had something very similar happen to me a few years ago. Only thing I had done differently was left the car unlocked for about 3 hours. Everything returned to normal after a restart and never happened again. Very strange:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom