Strange Lighting Issue....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Webbo15

Car
C180 Kompressor (W204)
I have an odd issue with the side lights on my W204. Last night I noticed the offside rear light was switching on and off at random with everything off and the car locked. I can only see the rears from the house but this morning a neighbour told me the front offfside was also on.

I checked today and all the switches operated normally but battery voltage was down to 11.9. The car started without problem and is running absolutely as normal.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any idea what may cause this type of problem?

I don't have a wiring diagram so don't really know where to look.

Also worth a check that the main light switch is set to "Auto" and nowhere else as parking lights could be applied from here also.

RPP999 - the indicator switch was not down so not that.

daveenty - main lighting switch was in the off position where I always leave it.

thanks both for suggestions.

Check the connections on the rear light unit, including any earths. There were numerous reported issues years ago with W204 rear light units (resulting in the lights going haywire) many of which were replaced. I can't recall the detail but the earth wire/connectors burning out rings a bell. If you search online you should find more.

Thanks tonysmb, I will give that a try tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom