Strange Paypal encounter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I'm in the process of buying a couple of parts for a vintage car from a guy in the US. He had advertised the parts on a club site. I agreed to pay him by Paypal and he sent me his email address. When I went onto Paypal , the email address showed up for someone in Brazil ! I contacted the vendor and he said' Proceed with the email address. It belongs to his brother who set up the Paypal account when he was in Brazil'.
It all sounds rather fishy to me but I cannot see what angle there is to it.

Sounds like a scam to me

If in doubt, walk away or collect and pay cash

Don't go there !! :eek: Scams don't just come from India, Brazil is pretty prolific too :(

Scammerty scam scam

Find someone else

(not optimusprime who is legit; I mean the Brazilian dude highly likely to be running a scam)

Just read the PP Buyer Protection section & do everything they require. If you follow their rules & anything goes wrong you'll be OK.

P.S. How many posts & how long has he been a member of the club site the parts are advertised on?

I was looking interior parts (hens' teeth) The vendor showed the car in his post, then the owner of the car turned up ! End of scam. The alleged vendor had a Facebook page but I suspect it had been hijacked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom