Strange smells

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

I have a vase of daffodils on my desk this morning and they smell strongly of ginger, I wasn't expecting that.

I've recently discovered that the yellow flowers on gorse bushes smell of coconut when in direct sunlight.

Any others?

I lost my sense of smell after surgery (not for that). I miss it. It has its advantages, but in the main I really do miss it.

I can smell aftershave or cologne and the very first spray, but then it gone and I have to remember that it smells nice, and that I have already put it on.

Mrs M is my smelly-o-meter. Advising on how many squirts are required.

Should anybody find it. Please return it.

People on public transport in general are strange. Especially on a Saturday morning.

Can't say I've experienced the Saturday morning types. The ones I'm stuck with are the city commuters every week day!

People on buses smell strange :D

People on public transport in general smell strange. :crazy:

Damp houses and cigarettes usually.

People on public transport in general are strange. Especially on a Saturday morning.

Can't say I've experienced the Saturday morning types. The ones I'm stuck with are the city commuters every week day!

You're all snobs. :rolleyes:

:cool:

My dear daughter-in-law favours Jurlique body wash in the "citrus" scent. Whenever I small oranges or lemons, I think of her fondly.

I lost my sense of smell after surgery (not for that). I miss it. It has its advantages, but in the main I really do miss it.

I can smell aftershave or cologne and the very first spray, but then it gone and I have to remember that it smells nice, and that I have already put it on.

Mrs M is my smelly-o-meter. Advising on how many squirts are required.

Should anybody find it. Please return it.

That's a real shame. To a lesser degree I suffer similarly. I think I can smell many/most things but when I'm out with my wife she'll often rave about the perfume of a particular plant or flowers and I can smell nothing (even with my head buried in the plant) - but I can smell other plants and flowers, so I suspect there's a receptor missing in my conk that prevents my detecting some molecules but not others.

I had an altered sense of smell and taste after a GA for surgery. Nothing at all seemed particularly pleasant. I think this is a side affect of the anesthetic.

All returned to normal in a few days

My Gran, long gone now, used to smell of moth balls and wee.
Even though I was only a child, I can still remember that today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom