Stretched Limo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Here's hoping my first attempt at posting pictures works.

These are pictures of my 'Stretched Limo' I think it might also be a first for the 'White Van' brigade. (Even though it is red)!!!

K9.jpg

gearstick.jpg

This shows a picture of the 6 speed Sprint Shift. There is an automatic position, or you can use it manually by pushing towards the – to change down and the + to change up.
controls.jpg

Shows my cockpit controls, where I have the DVD Navigation plus voice control. Interior light switches, fans, air conditioning, and numerous other controls
rearview.jpg

Up in the top right can be seen the rear view monitor. ‘Plodd’ might be following!!
throne.jpg

This is the various levers and dials for the drivers seat. The passenger seat has the same. Plus a rear seat that is even more complicated.
cockpit1.jpg

Another picture of my controls, plus two remotes, cup holder and mobile phone holder.

Last edited:
Part Duex Stretched Limo

Whoops....... Help!!!!!

A BIG thank you to 'Fuzzer' for spotting my 'deliberate' mistakes, and thank you to members for letting me know of the problems.

Regards,
John

Last edited:
Blue Control Panel

For those that are interested the blue control panel operates the 'Flotation Unit'

This unit actually supports my stretcher and absorbs all the bumps, including both sleeping and awake policemen\persons. One button raises the unit, then the other buttons can adjust the angle of lean. The strecther can either lean forward, raising the head, or press the other button and the far end of the stretcher is raised, lifting the feet. The final button both raises, and 'locks' the stretcher allowing work to be carried out on the 'patient' The shameful thing is that the unit had to be imported from Italy as none are made in the UK.

Then there is the white switch that powers a winch to move the stretcher from the rear lift onto the flotation unit.

The rear view monitor works from my panel, plus the gear lever, so as soon as 'The boss' engages reverse, I can watch her run people over!!!

The grey swtch panel operates the air conditioning which is trunked throughout the vehicle and is far superior to the Mercedes-Benz conditioning unit.

Bye again,
John

New paint jobbie

The poor old beast was looking tired and deserved a makeover. The colour is the E-class Tealite blue.

Note the different colouring when the light conditions change and also the change of wheels :devil:

vank9.jpg

Ten seconds later
vank9a.jpg

At this summer's GTG we were discussing improvements we try in an attempt to make travelling less painful.

The limo has just come back from its refit and had side supports fitted to the luxury bed:eek: :devil: :devil: So now I don't have to hold on, I just lay back and thing of............ 'England' :D

K9%20mk2.jpg

It has also had a new navigation system.

K9mk2a.jpg

If we do have to travel, then we might as well do it in style :cool: ;)

Regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom