Stretched Limousine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dino645

Car
Mercedes E320 CE/ML270
I saw this 300se limousine for sale, and am going to have a look at it today.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/781424.htm

Is this a standard limousine, or has it been converted. Most of the stratched s-classes I have seen have what appears to have 3 door panels, but this only has the two.

Any experts out there? :confused:

Last edited:
I think Mercedes have made their own stretch limos - the "Pullman" range I'm think of there.
But SGS (Styling Garage), Brabus, Carat Duchatelet and Trasco have all converted Mercs to stretch limos.

I've not seen a conversion, by the above, with those awful chrome accessories on the C (or should that now be D) pillar, though! :crazy:
I guess you'd have to consult the car's history to see who converted this car.

Darren

Are you buying it for a reason ? chauffeur ? or just because you fancy a long car ?

It's only 3 litre , and with all that extra metal and bits and bobs , it is going to be proper slow ... and use loads of petrol ...

The Irish plate puts me off too ...

I'm having second thoughts. I need a larger car for my expanding family but cant let go of the E320 so fancied the idea of it as a novelty addition. But when I think of the money, I could buy a half decent S-class.

Are you buying it for a reason ? chauffeur ? or just because you fancy a long car ?

It's only 3 litre , and with all that extra metal and bits and bobs , it is going to be proper slow ... and use loads of petrol ...

A lot of these stretched mercs were done by a company in Ireland (who's name escpaes me) so often started life there, hence the plate possibly.

How far is your family expanding?! Most people settle with an estate or people carrier in that situation, your looking at a massive petrol guzzling snail right there (albeit a wafty one!)

This makes real sense, and by rights it should be a 500.

We are a familly of 5 with a new addition, so prams etc leave no space at all. Novelty factor more than anything else, and thought perhaps I could make my money back on the car doing a bit of driving at the horse races etc, but having thought about it clearly now, and just having my own car back from a service from Jaymanek (great job), I think it was probably a silly idea...

Mine was an original factory spec.

Left.jpg

nextdoor will think someone has died when they see it & traffic will let you out at junctions thinking the same :eek:

Novelty saloon, eh?

How's about THIS?

Or even THIS? It's £20k, but sold on ebay a while back for around half that! The seller's obviously making a price based on it's rarity! Mind you, it's been for sale with them for a long time, so maybe a deal to be had!

Darren

A lot of these stretched mercs were done by a company in Ireland (who's name escpaes me) so often started life there, hence the plate possibly.

It'll be on an Irish plate because the owner wants to hide the fact that it is a D reg , but doesn't want to fork out for a 'proper' personal plate .... ;)

To be sure , to be sure .... :D

Very subtle isn't it ? ;) :)

I could be wrong but I'm sure that 300SE was up for sale on Pistonheads a few months back. The seller was a TV production company who had just finished using it for some upcomingTV programme - no idea what. However, "IF" I'm right, they said the car was in need of welding & their asking price was a little under 2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom