Struggling with a new stereo - help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cleggmeister

Car
1990 W124 200E
Hi again folks,

I probably shouldn't have had a glass of wine before starting this, but...

So, I've disconnected my old Blaupunkt and identified the earth, battery+ and ignition+

I've connected these (and these only) to my new stereo but it doesn't power up. I tried reversing the battery+ and ignition+ but no joy.

This is regardless of whether the ignition is on or off.

What am I doing wrong? Please bear in mind the stereo is not connected to anything else - aerial, speakers, dimmer, etc... and it's not in the cradle - it's just on the seat. Does it need to be in the cradle for some kind of double earth?

Help please, otherwise I'll finish the bottle and go to bed sad :(

Many thanks!

Cleggy.

did you purchase from car audio direct,if so how long did it take to arrive.

did you purchase from car audio direct,if so how long did it take to arrive.

I did indeed, and they came through far quicker than I responded to your post, apologies! I placed the order at close of play Tuesday and it arrived Thursday morning. £5 delivery up to Glasgow and I had them on the end of the phone as and when needed. Their prices are as good as I could find, even against Amazon etc.

Speak with Lee, very helpful. I'll be buying new speakers, a remote and maybe a discreet sub from them as soon as I can justify it. Recommended without hesitation.

And as an aside I'm getting to like the Alpine too. It's still a bit brightly lit for my taste, even when dimmed, but the sound seems to be improving now it's had some use. Very intuitive to use also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom