Stuck glow plug...decisions decisions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tinker

Car
CLK 320 cdi and a vw golf
I have a glow plug that's stuck in my CLK CDI 2005, I have took it to my independent who tried to remove it and couldn't. they told me its better to leave it than attempt to take it out and break it. They could use a third part to remove it....... They also said that its not really an issue when starting the car, which has so far proven to be true.

The thing is I have a glow plug light that stays on for a good couple of minutes while the engines running and I can't help feeling that its got to be sorted, its giving me a nagging doubt in the car.

Has anyone had this problem? How much did it cost to sort? Where did you have it done? How long was the car out of action? Thanks in advance

Leave it in place is my advice.
The cdi engines dont need them in our climate.

If you wanted to eliminate the light you could maybe try the relay from a 4 cyl car.

I would drive away at it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MBClub UK

I have a glow plug that's stuck in my CLK CDI 2005, I have took it to my independent who tried to remove it and couldn't. they told me its better to leave it than attempt to take it out and break it. They could use a third part to remove it....... They also said that its not really an issue when starting the car, which has so far proven to be true.

The thing is I have a glow plug light that stays on for a good couple of minutes while the engines running and I can't help feeling that its got to be sorted, its giving me a nagging doubt in the car.

Has anyone had this problem? How much did it cost to sort? Where did you have it done? How long was the car out of action? Thanks in advance

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/121024-failed-glowplug-removal.html

Price depends on stripping and access to the plug.

Removal is quite easy.

If you want to DIY it, Google will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom