Stuck in park unable to put in gear think it’s the plastic lever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dyver

Car
s320 w220 (sold), W202(sold) R230 daily drive, R231 AMG for those special occasions
Starting to have trouble with the car being stuck in park and unable to move the gear selector in to drive, has anyone had experience with the after market part from mono global in Oz? Have seen a similar part from a UK company but it doesn’t look as good ( maybe it’s because the Oz one is shiny ). Thanks in advance.

Starting to have trouble with the car being stuck in park and unable to move the gear selector in to drive, has anyone had experience with the after market part from mono global in Oz? Have seen a similar part from a UK company but it doesn’t look as good ( maybe it’s because the Oz one is shiny ). Thanks in advance.

If it’s the gear selector unit I would definitely go with OEM, or a used tested unit from a breakers

You've ruled out the brake lamp switch? It's possible for the separate selector switch circuit to fail without affecting the actual brake light circuit.

While you are waiting you can remove the broken part and still have full functionality...but be careful there's nothing to stop it going into drive without foot on brake.

If it’s the gear selector unit I would definitely go with OEM, or a used tested unit from a breakers

Or just buy the cheap replacement part made from metal rather than the oem plastic part which breaks.

You've ruled out the brake lamp switch? It's possible for the separate selector switch circuit to fail without affecting the actual brake light circuit.
Hi I can hear the solenoid activating, I’ve just managed to get it into neutral and left it with the park break on so at least I can drive it to the indies ne t week, have bitten the bullet and ordered a new gear selector, same thing happened to my S class

Hi I can hear the solenoid activating, I’ve just managed to get it into neutral and left it with the park break on so at least I can drive it to the indies ne t week, have bitten the bullet and ordered a new gear selector, same thing happened to my S class
If this isn't your S Class what is it...you haven't made that clear?

I had a very similar issue when MB Dartford fitted a new selector to my car, the selector would take several attempts to pull out of park. They said that they needed to adjust some cables on the selector, once they did this, is shifted perfectly. Maybe try this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom