Stuck on indicators (scorpion alarm)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gatsby22

Car
280sl w113, 300ce w124, Morgan 4/4, BMW 420d convertible
Hello all, my first post. I am the proud owner of a 1990 300ce in very tidy condition, which I have owned for 2 years without problem. Until now that is. Despite charging the battery every few weeks through winter in the garage, the battery went flat. The usual then happened when charged and connected, of setting alarm. The key fob turned off the alarm but left the nearside indicators stuck on. No amount of opening and closing will turn them off. The only way is to disconnect battery. It is not a combination relay fault as they stay on when it is removed.
I have read somewhere that the Scorpion 918 alarm has relays inside, one of which may be stuck. However after looking under passenger carpet, behind glovebox, all around boot, under rear seats, under drivers carpets and all around engine bay, I cannot find the control unit for the alarm. This only leaves behind the instruments and who in their right mind would put it there given the amount of space elsewhere
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Found control unit in the place I thought was unlikely. Tapped the unit and off went the indicators. I will not be setting the alarm again

Those Scorpion alarms were not factory items but dealer fitted. At some point in my 23 years ownership of a 1989 190e I permanently pulled the alarm fuse. I can't remember exactly why but it was battery related.

For what it's worth I have on record the current draw of the alarm when it was working properly:

Alarm off 10 mA
Alarm on 29 mA

Those Scorpion alarms were not factory items but dealer fitted. At some point in my 23 years ownership of a 1989 190e I permanently pulled the alarm fuse. I can't remember exactly why but it was battery related.

For what it's worth I have on record the current draw of the alarm when it was working properly:

Alarm off 10 mA
Alarm on 29 mA
Thanks for that. I was already dubious about the alarm, because of what I had read, and did not use it. The battery going flat caused it to set itself. I will probably investigate removing or at least disabling it in the near future to avoid a repetition. I cant imagine why someone has not done this before bearing in mind that battery drain. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom